Schirf

Recommendations: Travel Cases

So I've found myself going between a number of different locations recently and wonder if anyone might have recommendations for a flight case style travel case. I'd like something that could reasonably hold a good number of paints, basing materials, tools, and some minis. I've seen some nail technician cases that seem like they might work, but figured I'd ask around before making a purchase.

I have a Battlefoam Air, and it's awesome. Got it for around 150, on sale - they do a 4th of July 25% off sale, and a few others through the year, so it's coming up soon. Large - pretty much a suitcase - but the pluckfoam is incredible, and it's in two parts - if you removed the smaller sheets, you'd have plenty of space for a ton of minis on one half, and all your gear - even a lamp or small/medium airbrush + compressor - on the other.

Also, it's plywood construction under kevlar, so pretty sturdy, and it's designed to fly, so the dimensions should be right!

• Thanks 1

Battlefoam also makes bags specifically for hobby stuff. They have trays for paints (pots and droppers) and tools. I believe that you can use any bag that the trays will fit in so you could get an empty bag and customize how much other stuff you need. I want to get one but money has been tight. An empty hobby bag runs from about $60 to about $110USD.

• Like 1

Get an attache case or something in the size you want, and one of the foam camping mats.  

Cut mat into sheets of a size that fits in the case, then cut out holes for your tools and whatnot. 

You can glue sheets together, and make deep trays that stacks in the case, also. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Check out the cases from Tablewar. Their small cases are designed to fly as well and they are very sturdy. Many of the artists that will be at ReaperCon use those cases.

• Thanks 1