Crowley

Getting To Know You July

21 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Question for Thursday, July 12th: What spell do you wish you could cast RIGHT NOW?

What spell do you wish you could always cast?

'Clean the House' Really would make life so much easier.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Question for Thursday, July 12th: What spell do you wish you could cast RIGHT NOW?

The Wish spell; but only if it conformed to intent and didn't engage in any monkey paw style bs.  I wouldn't want "I wish my house was clean" to result in everything disappearing or moving out into the yard or any other spiteful DM garbage.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

I wish I could cast a spell that would give me the "perfect" Donair, with a sweet sauce that's mildly sweet (instead of the now more common "how many cups of sugar is in this???" variety that seems popular now), and of course has to be wrapped in a specially made pita that was just pulled out of the oven. 

Why specially made pita?  I want a Donair so big I can't get both hands around it! :p  I can get close to this at a few places in town, it's just either their sweet sauce is too sweet or the meat has too much of a kick for my preferences... 

Spell I wish I could always cast? One that would allow local weather to be changed, even if it's just the five feet around me.  I want to wear shorts year round, and not have fingers freeze while trying to take pictures in the winter!  Second one is "easily" solved with a pair of gloves from the heat company (although it's $200 USD for a pair of their gloves all in), but the first isn't as easy. 

• Like 5

Beats me. I haven't played an RPG in more than twenty years. 

Assuming everyone is a gamer or has nerdy obsessions excludes a lot of Forum Folk from participating in the Getting To Know You thing.

• Like 4

Right now I wished I could cast a healing spell for Brutus his paw and make him stop licking it till it bleeds.

Maybe a healing spell is something I would always want to be able to cast.

It might come in handy, especially when we get older.

Either that or charm, but I doubt my girl will let me get away with that

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Does "Create philospher's stone" count?

There's plenty of lead in my closet, and I could use the gold.

Actually, it might solve a bunch of problems, as long as I didn't go nuts overdoing the gold creation.

I'd be responsible...  probably.

maybe.

A very plausible alternative would be some variant on the D&D "Heal", assuming it cures chronic, and genetic illnesses. That would be a major boon, as would some form of rejuvenation spell.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 7

26 minutes ago, malefactus said:

Beats me. I haven't played an RPG in more than twenty years. 

Assuming everyone is a gamer or has nerdy obsessions excludes a lot of Forum Folk from participating in the Getting To Know You thing.

It doesn't have to be limited to D&D spells you know! 

"Create greenstuff"

"Wash the dishes" 

"Summon @buglips*the*goblin" (be careful with this one)

"Transform into dragon"

"Brew perfect coffee"

Are all perfectly valid options!

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Wish.

Or Miracle, though I suspect I lack at least one of the prerequisites for the latter.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

The spell I wish I could cast right now is "Complete House Move".

The spell I could nearly always find a use for is "Silence the Idiot".

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

"slow time" to give me at least another hour to get ready for the gym.

"luck" is always useful when you need it. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

Right now?  Hm.  Rejuvenate?  Or whichever spell lets you shake off the effects of fatigue.

Always?  Cantrip, back when all cantrips were a single spell.  Cantrips are generally useful around the house and lack the negative social effects of other spells.  An example cantrip would be lifting objects so you can dust under them.  (For example, if you could cast Cure Light Wounds in this day and age and people found out, you'd get harassed to do it, even for strangers.  And they won't understand if you can only cast it a couple times per day.)

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

Right now: Anything to make it colder in here.

Always: Silence would be a nice one.

• Like 5

Always? Healing spell for when I am past my youth.  (never say getting older, that grey haired person might object and know martial arts) {any resemblance to the poster in last remark is purely coincidental}

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Crowley said:

Teleport would make it so much easier to get to Reapercon and bring back all the swag. Screw you, customs! *POOF*

• Like 1
  • Haha 5