Crowley

Getting To Know You July

10 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for Friday the 13th of July: Do you have a miniature in your collection that you have no interest in ever painting? What would entice you to paint it next?

Bonus Question: What's something you do for good luck? 

Q1a---No. This is one the major reasons i started up the BoGW a few years ago.

Q1b---Money.

Bonus Q:---I have an old Indian head nickel that I always carry around. I dunno if it helps or not, but I always have it with me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Crowley said:

It would always be the wrong scale! :devil::lol:

Question for Friday the 13th of July: Do you have a miniature in your collection that you have no interest in ever painting? What would entice you to paint it next?

There are a number of Bones from the core sets that don't really have an interest in.  If they might be useful in a game I'd consider painting them.

Nothing.  It keeps my level of luck consistent. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Q1a---No. This is one the major reasons i started up the BoGW a few years ago.

Q1b---Money.

Bonus Q:---I have an old Indian head nickel that I always carry around. I dunno if it helps or not, but I always have it with me.

That helped, but there's never enough room in the box. :upside:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Crowley said:

This is definitely a solid maybe -but this changes from day to day, year to year.

Every mini I have ever bought I wanted to paint at the time I bought it.  Over the years though, tastes have changed and now I drift back and forth.  mostly because I forgot that I had bought something.  Right now, I'm struggling to remember why I bought all the BattleTech miniatures as I have not desire to paint them any more.

Good thing we have the Box of Goodwill.  Am I right?

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Gargs said:

What level are you playing at pinky? I'm always impressed by anyone that can play hockey since I can't even cross the short side of the rink without breaking my face in 7 places.

As for the playoff beard, the greatest version I saw of that was in 2010 when the Hawks were on their Cup run. Somebody in my neighborhood posted a sign in his yard "This is my playoff lawn beard. Go Hawks!" And no, he didn't cut it until after they won the Cup. :)

Back in my prime I played on a mixed double/triple A team, but hockey was a bit behind here in central Ohio, so we got destroyed by any team out of state that was a real double A or better. 

I currently play in a self-assign rec league, which leads to all sorts of sand bagging. I'd feel comfortable playing at C level, but my team moved to D, so that's where I am (I like the dudes I play with). The B league is the highest here, and has former NHLers in it. Why they couldn't reclassify that as A, I have no clue. It ended up creating an E league for new players when they combined the old A and B to B, so that was just weird. I've subbed in C and been outclassed pretty good, but also found that I enjoyed playing at that speed quite a bit too. 

So I'd say in most areas I'm probably a C, but here in Cbus for some reason I'm a just a decent D player.

• Like 7

Question for Saturday, July 14th: Anniversaries are celebrated with traditional gifts. Paper for the first year, cotton for the second, leather for the third, silver for the 25th, etc. Let's rewrite that list. Everyone who answers today's question must provide 2 consecutive years of new gifts. The first person to answer is year 1 + 2, the second person is year 3 + 4. You can't use anything from the traditional list, so no "paper", but if you wanted "paper airplanes", that would be allowed. 

• Like 6

1st Anniversary = Carrots (So you can see each other in the dark.)

2nd Anniversary = Driving licence (To get to the maternity clinic in time.)

• Haha 7

On 7/13/2018 at 6:53 AM, Crowley said:

It would always be the wrong scale! :devil::lol:

I would have said the goroloth (aboleth) from Bones 3, but then my DM needed one for game, so... There are some figures that are super low on my priority list, but I can't think of any that I *never* want to paint. And the only thing it would take to get me to paint it up next would be the need to use it in a game. 

Bonus Question: Not sure it's for luck, but I always say hi to dogs I pass on the street. 

40 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Question for Saturday, July 14th: Anniversaries are celebrated with traditional gifts. Paper for the first year, cotton for the second, leather for the third, silver for the 25th, etc. Let's rewrite that list. Everyone who answers today's question must provide 2 consecutive years of new gifts. The first person to answer is year 1 + 2, the second person is year 3 + 4. You can't use anything from the traditional list, so no "paper", but if you wanted "paper airplanes", that would be allowed. 

3rd Anniversary: New bed (frame, mattress, sheets, etc.)

4th Anniversary: Book of Occult Knowledge (human leather cover optional)

• Haha 7

5th - cookbook (because your tired of pizza or easy mac) 

6th - handcuffs (because you learned stuff from that book of occult knowledge and are ready try new things) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

9th: a new set of painting brushes

10th: a new couch I nthe living room 

I never knew there was a "tradition" gift thing O_o 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

11th - new pots and pans (because you're getting better at cooking)

12th - air hockey table

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Crowley said:

13th- Goblin (because I'm trying to get rid of some of my Buglips clones, they're popping up all over the place here)

14th- Corgi (because every family needs one, and you should have gotten at least one way sooner than this)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

13th. does seem like exactly the right number for a goblin anniversary.

Edited by paintybeard
  • Like 4

What happens if two people cross post...

Tricky this. 

6 hours ago, Crowley said:

15th Full Sofa Set, for the living room because the Corgi made short work of that couch. 

16th Crock Pot, because you are getting weary of so much cooking. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3