Crowley

Getting To Know You July

10 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for Thursday, July 19th:  What's one chore you hate doing? Why do you hate it? What's one chore you take the most satisfaction from doing?

I don't do chores, that's what children are for.:devil:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for Thursday, July 19th:  What's one chore you hate doing? Why do you hate it? What's one chore you take the most satisfaction from doing?

I like none of them and take satisfaction from none of them.  That is why they are chores.  I don't know that I hate any of them though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, Crowley said:

Dishes. I did so many of other people's dishes while in culinary school that I can't stand to do my own. 

I don't really take satisfaction from chores. But I guess if I had to pick one it would be organizing in general because it helps me relax a little.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Crowley said:

Laundry. I didn't used to hate it, but now I have to do it on the weekend, and it involves going a block away to the laundromat. 

I used to really enjoy mowing the lawn. It was an hour where I didn't have to think about anything, just pushing the mower back and forth. Gave me time to let me mind wander, relax. I also really enjoyed polishing the brass in the house. That was a bigger event, taking up an entire afternoon, but the way everything would shine after? Loved it. 

• Like 5

Question for Friday, July 20th:  What do you keep in your pockets/purse/backpack?

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Question for Friday, July 20th:  What do you keep in your pockets/purse/backpack?

Left front pocket - wallet

Right front pocket - keys+cell phone

There's a joke here about what my wife keeps in her purse... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Pockets: Keys

Backpack: All travels documents and certification for my job at sea.

Wallet: Moths

• Like 6

Without the subsidiary detail, before I

head out the door one pocket has my wallet, a cargo pocket has my cell phone, another pocket has a handkerchief, Swiss Army Knife and keys, and a shirt pocket has a notebook and a combined 0.5mm pencil and four color pen. 

My briefcase or book bag varies but usually includes a water bottle, emergency snacks, spare writing implements and notebooks, a book in case I have to wait somewhere, and an mini All Rolled Up with a basic dice assortment. :rolleyes: In case a game suddenly breaks out, of course...

Edited by Rob Dean
  • Like 6

42 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Wallet - Cellphone - Keys - Wallet - Cellphone - Keys...

If I concentrate really hard and keep repeating those like a... mantra, or such; I can usually manage to get out the door and leave to go do things without suddenly realizing I have forgotten something. :upside:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

56 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Wallet, change, a lighter (I quit smoking a few years ago, but I like to be prepared for a relapse), a little flash light, a cylinder with ibuprofen & baby aspirin for headaches & the heart,, mints (as a cover for the relapse), AND a little bag full of little rubber bands for binding up balsa strips & paint brushes that I might have occasion to purchase.

There used to be a set of keys as well, but now I have a spare car key on the chain that sets of the alarm when in my pocket. ERGO, they have been banished to a clip thingy that attaches to a belt loop.

• Like 4

Left front pocket change. Right front pocket car and house key, memory sticks. Right back pocket wallet. Left back pocket air.

When I have cargo shorts, left front bottom pocket might have a smartphone, but rarely.  Most time my phone is off in the console of my car.  Right front bottom is my backup air.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Wallet, keys, cellphone, and a tiny pillbox for my mid-dinner medicines that I keep on me in case dinner doesn't happen at home.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Fair warning: I'm pretty sure Cowley is setting up to rob you all at Reapercon...

Of course, since I won't be there...

Pockets: Wallet, mobile phone, keys, loose change, mechannical pencil (pointy end up), black pen, small pill box.

Backpack (typical week day): Laptop, spare hoodie, umbrella, water bottle, notebook, assorted pens/pencils/dice, video dongle, phone charging cord, ear buds, sun screen, assorted odds & ends left over from past gaming.

Edited by klarg1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Ninjas; pop rocks; a slingshot; a deck of playing cards that's all jokers and aces; three bottle caps, each more cappy than the last; aromatic shoelaces; and a copy of Teen Beat from 1984. 

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Ninjas; pop rocks; a slingshot; a deck of playing cards that's all jokers and aces; three bottle caps, each more cappy than the last; aromatic shoelaces; and a copy of Teen Beat from 1984. 

What about the other pocket?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7