Crowley

Getting To Know You July

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for Thursday, July 26th: A package mysteriously arrives containing an unpublished work of your favorite author/artist/creative type. Who is the author, and what's the name of the work? (book, script, adventure module, album, whatever)

Gary Gygax - Tables, Tabulations, & Taking Control:  The Dice-Lover's Guide to Random Life Events.

From the blurb:

"Tired of having to think and make decisions?  This is the book for you!  From what to wear to the beach to whether you should ask for a raise, this is the ultimate self-help book for those suffering from chronic indecisiveness!  Using the same tried and true formulae that have thrilled legions of AD&D players, now YOU can take control of your life with the help of these tables and some polyhedral dice (sold separately)."

I have...  (rolls die)

Found it quite useful and (applies modifier from Table IV)

Really like it! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

18 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Gary Gygax - Tables, Tabulations, & Taking Control:  The Dice-Lover's Guide to Random Life Events.

From the blurb:

"Tired of having to think and make decisions?  This is the book for you!  From what to wear to the beach to whether you should ask for a raise, this is the ultimate self-help book for those suffering from chronic indecisiveness!  Using the same tried and true formulae that have thrilled legions of AD&D players, now YOU can take control of your life with the help of these tables and some polyhedral dice (sold separately)."

I have...  (rolls die)

Found it quite useful and (applies modifier from Table IV)

Really like it! 

I see that you have Dangerous Dimensions/Journeys! It's a unique delight*!

* For a sufficiently broad value of "delight".

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

On 7/25/2018 at 5:45 AM, Crowley said:

Question for Wednesday, July 25th: From beyond the doors you can hear the crowd cheering and calling your name. The stage hand counts down, the doors are about to open, and your entry music is about to play. What's the song?

https://youtu.be/3Fn36l_z3WY

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

Question for Thursday, July 26th: A package mysteriously arrives containing an unpublished work of your favorite author/artist/creative type. Who is the author, and what's the name of the work? (book, script, adventure module, album, whatever)

A Motörhead album containing songs that were never released before.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

Who says it has to be a living artist?? 

Receiving a manuscript from a dead author is just too creepy...even for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Crowley said:

That would be my friend Kristine finally finishing her Bruemtor novel!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

The sequel (sort of) to The Moon is a Harsh Mistress is The Rolling Stones. Or, more accurately, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress is a prequel.

But the connections are pretty thin.

I know that, but I was after the story of the return of a character that should not have died, Mycroft Holmes the AI.  This is the story of his recovery after all the computers are networked together and his PTSD from being  shelled is lessened.

And my author is dead.  It was from someone I know that had scoured Bob's files.

Edited by ttuckerman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Crowley said:

Authors unknown, but it would be an english translated compendium of every scroll lost when the Library of Alexandria was burned. (all three occasions). 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ttuckerman said:

I know that, but I was after the story of the return of a character that should not have died, Mycroft Holmes the AI.  This is the story of his recovery after all the computers are networked together and his PTSD from being  shelled is lessened.

And my author is dead.  It was from someone I know that had scoured Bob's files.

Mike actually does come back in The Cat Who Walks Through Walls. Which is unfortunately not a very good book.

FWIW, I thought his death (or "death") in Harsh Mistress added emotional depth to the ending of the book.

• Like 2

Too many to list, but George R. R. Martin's The Further Adventures Of Haviland Tuf would be nice; I always wondered what happened to him after Tuf Voyaging. Martin got all wound up in events in Westeros after that.

Interestingly enough, both Nightflyers and Tuf Voyaging, both by Martin, begin with a group of academics hiring a rather sketchy spaceship captain to take them to a specific location in space to study a thing. On both occasions, it goes completely sideways and rather bloodily, although for completely different reasons.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Crowley said:

The Complete Eldritch Saga - A Comprehensive Record of the Influence of Extra-Dimensional Beings on Humanity - HP Lovecraft

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Crowley said:

The completed chronicles of master li and number ten ox, by Barry hughart. 

See, there were supposed to be seven of them, but he only wrote three before his frustrations with his publishers got the best of him.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Crowley said:

While calling him a "favorite" would be a stretch, I'll admit to being curious as to what Robert Jordan would have done with Infinity of Heaven had he lived to write it.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Crowley said:

I'll let you know just as soon as my lawyers and I finish figuring out the best way for me to make gazillions of dollars with it, that way I can retire and actually paint some of the hundreds of figures that I have waiting.::P:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6