If you are playing gloomhaven or plan to and do not want to be spoiled to the unlocked classes stop reading here. This is the class with the sun icon Last warning to avoid spoilers.

2m3eUnt.thumb.jpg.c98d7789c31fc173d9bcac85209bfb23.jpg

Just finished up the Sunkeeper for Gloomhaven, I think I'm gradually overcoming my fear of highlighting. As always, C&C greatly appreciated for things to do better next time or general tips.

Work Process (as far as I can remember)

Primed in white, followed up with gunmetal grey over most of the figure, except for obvious cloth, highlighted some of the armor with chrome, detailed the clothes, then added royal gold for the gold, washed straight black for the crevices in the armor, followed up with aztec gold, gradually mixed with lemon yellow, then a hansa yellow transparent for the final highlight. Cloak and cloth were in there somewhere with crimson to scarlet to pink, washed dark red and blended. Hair was pretty much just white washed black highlighted white. Face went through a ton of phases but mostly caucasian fleshtone mixed with pink and a touch of burnt sienna, dropped the sienna when highlighting.

Cobbles on the base were greenstuff'd then used matt gel with some burnt umber for dirt, scattered pebbles and grass, after set followed up with some matte varnish and a touch of gloss on the cobbles.

WIP here:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81555-spoilers-sun-class/

Harsh Lighting

23586642_fronthigh.thumb.jpg.a505db26ab9e8516c3666e81c7769487.jpg

Soft Lighting

1939204295_frontsoft.thumb.jpg.f8232438f4fd65879d7254131754af24.jpg

Base

697116464_base(1).thumb.jpg.80f8e01e2ade515aab599a7b36088691.jpg926340904_base(2).thumb.jpg.69831855cf3c74258316ac8029a10a7b.jpg

back.thumb.jpg.5330031e996e457b866aed1d9f1265f8.jpg2074698450_tophigh.thumb.jpg.b9172175008fede48483160bfaf79b5f.jpg

Edited by ThirstyBob
  • Like 13

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now