72moonglum

Town Constable AKA Tim Conway from Ral Partha

20 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Great job on that!  (And I can’t see what you missed...)

Are the characters from a specific movie? 

No idea. I remember the two together in the Apple Dumpling Gang years ago. Here’s a picture of that blister where they both appeared:  255F1EED-C6B7-49FA-9B81-FC2384CC1A0B.thumb.jpeg.1f421e280a353625e1216da6c5222354.jpeg  

Wasn’t Don Knots a cop Barney Fife or something? I’m thinking that’s why he has the cap. 

Edited by 72moonglum
  • Like 2

Good work!

And yes, Don Knotts played Deputy Barney Fife on the Andy Griffith show.

• Like 1

On July 5, 2018 at 5:10 PM, Chaoswolf said:

Good work!

And yes, Don Knotts played Deputy Barney Fife on the Andy Griffith show.

Thanks Chaoswolf! Couldn't remember the name of the program to save my life, but being it wasn't a life or death situation, was too lazy to hunt it down on the all powerful, all knowing internet. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Citrine said:

The Hilt...

Exactly!  I had blackened it out, with the thought of painting it afterwards and then for whatever reason ended up forgetting it was even there.  I didn't even notice it until after I'd taken the picture.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening all!
      So here's my last Hackmaster endeavor, another Jim Johnson figure (really enjoying painting his sculpts), an Elf Magic User with a staff throwing a fireball. I think he was sculpted around 2003 like the previous female elf magic user, and the figure it all kinds of fun.  As always I didn't know what colors to use. I ended up making him blonde, after deciding on lilac for my female mage, and then started painting him from the inside out. I grabbed his shirt as a bright yellow, pants orange, and then I started thinking more autumn colors so red inside of his cloak and the cloak itself an earth brown.

Pretty straightforward figure, didn't have lots of dingly Dangley items going on.  Hackmaster figures either have a lot going on or they are simply elegant.  With them as well, they are larger figures, not the classic 25 mm from early Partha, but this is a line that they acquired not too long ago and in itself was sculpted in this century so a bit of size creep will have occurred. You can see the size difference in these and other figures Jim Johnson sculpted for the Partha brand. 

Did a green flame, now I've done a couple magical green flames instead of just normal fire color, and I'm still way too chicken to do OSL.  Maybe someday. In the meantime, hope you enjoy him!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all,
      here is another Hackmaster figure I completed a few nights ago, a Female elf mage, sculpted back in 2003 by Jim Johnson. This is the first time I can recall I've taken an elf and given her an "alternative" hair color, so I hope she looks okay.  This was actually a pretty fun and straightforward figure to paint, not too many hanging, dingly-dangly extras going on.

She's one of the many Hackmaster/Kenzer and Company figures that Iron Wind Metals acquired a while back.  I'm really enjoying painting them up!

Anyhoos, enjoy!

• By Thoramel
      These are a couple from my shelf of shame. They're 1978 Ral Partha gargoyles now produced by Iron Wind Metals. I originally thought they were some sort of Imp and started painting them that way. Then I discovered what they were and put them aside until I could strip them and start over. Then I decided I liked them better as imps so I gave them each about 5 minutes of attention and now they're ready to start tormenting my players. 

• By Citrine
      This is the classic Ral Partha D&D set ,11-524 Lycanthropes, sculpted by Bob Olley.  These guys have so much character.

• By 72moonglum
      Good morning all, 
      so my group of six hobgoblins has finally been completed, the female archer from Reaper, the Shadowrun punk goblin and now these four Hackmaster Goblins.  It feels like I've been working on them forever but in reality, I probably started working on all of them in mid-November, so I guess it just feels long, and wasn't actually too god-awful time consuming.

Like the other hobgoblins, I worked on their skins all together and they are pure orange, I kind of deviated I think a bit from the official Monster Manual that talked about them being orange to red toned.  I did throw blue noses on these ones however, as they had pretty good noses for the coloring.  

And with these, I'm putting in lots of photos because they are in kind of poses what best show from a number of angles, so hopefully this is okay. The photos are pretty small so they shouldn't make anybody's life too miserable.

And one question if anybody knows.  Does anybody have an inkling who actually sculpted these?  These I think are back from around 2003.

I tried to make sure the armor looked worn, as I didn't figure this rag-tag bunch of beasties would be taking too good of care of their items, so hopefully it doesn't come off as too shiny.  I didn't make it too rusty however. I did throw in some washes of rust brown here and there.

Anyways, hope you all enjoy these little creatures!  I think I'm done with hobgoblins for a good, long while!
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)