Glitterwolf

Paint kit on airplane? Advice?

I will go on vacation next week to a Greek Island ( Corfu)

My girl will want to read sometimes and I might want to take a small paint kit with me and maybe paint a few minis when I'm there.

We will go by airplane, and I know the temperature in the cargo area might be low during flights, while the temperature on the ground will be quite warm.

If I store the paint in a small Reaper Paint Kit box and then in my suitcase surrounded by towels/clothing etc.

Will the paint survive?

I do not wish to carry it in hand luggage, because that would exceed the maximum allowed volume of small liquids.

And nowadays I need to avoid any questions/suspicion at an airport.. we all know why...

Any advice about this?

• Like 1

Usually, in your luggage, it will be fine.  I would put the paint in a plastic zipper bag, inside another zipper bag, in case of leaks. 

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Inarah said:

Usually, in your luggage, it will be fine.  I would put the paint in a plastic zipper bag, inside another zipper bag, in case of leaks. 

Thank you good advice.

It should be fine.  Most luggage compartments are heated in the airplane as they regularly contain cargo that also does not like freezing temperatures.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, robinh said:

It should be fine.  Most luggage compartments are heated in the airplane as they regularly contain cargo that also does not like freezing temperatures.

Thanks.

It's the first time I'm going to take some painting stuff with me.

You can buy shampoo and toothpaste when you get there.  

Better yet, shave yer 'ead and skip the shampoo entirely!

I put that in purple, but am I really joking?  :devil:

• Like 1

On 7/8/2018 at 7:13 PM, strawhat said:

You can buy shampoo and toothpaste when you get there.  

Better yet, shave yer 'ead and skip the shampoo entirely!

I put that in purple, but am I really joking?  :devil:

I already shaved my head, no need for purples, if it ever stops growing I'll be grateful, then I can use the money on minis instead of on expensive razorblades. ::D:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You mean you don't have Dollar Shave Club, or can't buy from the company that they use and rebrand (Dorco)? 

.... Or go with what some consider "crazy" options like a straight edge razor, or a double edged safety razor?   You can buy a full blister of DE blades (100 blades, so twenty packs) for under $15 usually ^_^

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I already shaved my head, no need for purples, if it ever stops growing I'll be grateful, then I can use the money on minis instead of on expensive razorblades. ::D:

I don't think I've ever agreed with anything as much as I agree with this. I've been shaving my head for over ten years and would love if it would just stop growing.

• Like 1

Ive taken a small paint kit from Houston to Stavanger, Norway, in winter.  No problems with frozen paint.  I think that it can get cold, but freezing temperatures in the cargo compartment are rare.

Ron

PS:  I use a double edged safety razor.  Very economical, especially since the Merkur blades that I can can last me months (your mileage may vary).

Edited by vutpakdi