Orlando_the_Technicoloured

Dungeons & Doggies Kickstarter (planned start date 18th July)

35973178_636103933408205_3125107578544062464_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=04edce18cc94af7062b3c02c6057cc66&oe=5BDAD706

36233226_638743389810926_7371896989434249216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=2d760d3a4b7c83b6bbd9d653ca0741d3&oe=5BA0A44B
So you have seen the minis but what about the rules doc? Well, here is just one example of the art quality thanks to the incredible talents of April Prime! Amazingly, this is still work in progress, but she is working on art for every dog and a few bonus pieces as well....hmmm..maybe art prints should be available...

36325834_640856489599616_3407913612864389120_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=19978f2ebf4e7a9e6fc54f362e5bad6e&oe=5BA6049F
Here's a small piece of Dungeons and Doggies fiction to enjoy! Every mini will have an associated 'icon character' pre generated in the rules pack,and for the Cleric role we have Cerysse, gentle but determined protector of her friends. Many thanks to Kate, our writer, for providing this and many other story pieces for the project! We will follow up with a rules preview for the Companion Domain soon!

Edited by Orlando_the_Technicoloured
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

It looks certainly interesting and some of the sculpts are pretty cool especially the Dachshund, St Bernard and what ever dog the top right one is,

Finally. Someone does armored … well, okay, I might have to mod some of them with saddles for them to be wardogs. But armored woofers could yet be useful.

• Like 2

how adorable! I love the shepherd, and whichever breed the dog in the big floppy hat to his left is

5 hours ago, Carnacki the Ghost Finder said:

Who could possibly take such cute widdle doggies into a horrible, dank dungeon?  

I could never forgive myself if my faithful pooch companion got stuck in a gelatinous cube.

What happened to the gelatinous cube?

Rex ate it.

And the skeletons?

Rex ate them too.

And the zombies?

Yep.

But what about the flumph?

Hey, Rex has some taste!

The Auld Grump - those sculpts look really, really nice... I have no need, but....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

OMG  My spawn would eat this up. 

stolen from their FB site 

hmm- passing it along to my sister, and brother-in-law.  Both Ex-gamers and currently adulting as a dog trainer and a vet. 

dogs.jpg

Edited by Evilhalfling

11 hours ago, ced1106 said:

Anyone know anything about the creators? Their webpage is an empty template. : http://paintingpolygons.com/

One of them (Rus Charles, mentioned as a team member on the facebook page) was previously a sculptor/Artist at Warlord Games, (the other Mat could well be Mat Hart who is involved with Steamforged games base on his twitter feed)

so they've got experience in the industry but other than that it looks like they're a new company who've come together to do this,  the perfect people to back on KS, new, needing the money to progress, but knowing their way round the subject and with industry experience and friends

10 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Rex ate it.

And the skeletons?

Rex ate them too.

And the zombies?

Yep.

I think Rex is telling a little white lie there, he rolled in the zombies, which is why he is really, really stinky and somebody else needs to give him a bath

Edited by Orlando_the_Technicoloured
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Rex ate it.

And the skeletons?

Rex ate them too.

And the zombies?

Yep.

But what about the flumph?

Hey, Rex has some taste!

The Auld Grump - those sculpts look really, really nice... I have no need, but....

I should think that Rex BURIED the skeletons...

• Haha 2

These are adorable. We occasionally play Pugmire and these might work for characters. Other than that, I just want to paint them!

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   1 member

• Similar Content

• By Carnacki the Ghost Finder
      Live Link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/cthulhu-death-may-die

Two week campaign

Information is growing on Cmon page and BGG.  This rings all the right bells and is likely to mug me quite severely.

From the Facebook announcement:

"The ritual has started, and there’s no stopping it now. The only hope for the Investigators…and the rest of the world for that matter, is to disrupt it just enough so that when the Elder One arrives, it will be vulnerable for a split second. Just long enough to kill it!
      They’ll get their chance when Cthulhu: Death May Die comes to Kickstarter on July 10 at 3 PM EST. The new game from CMON and Guillotine Games combines the creative talents of Eric M. Lang and Rob Daviau. Stay tuned as we reveal more about the Investigators risking their lives and the unspeakable horrors they will face off against."

Or as Mr. Lang says in interviews, the game where you "shoot Cthulhu in the face." 
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1915792245/564152455?ref=509592&token=07fd2acf

About

• By GamestartEdizioni
      https://www.facebook.com/GamestartEdizioni/
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2031918013/810800705?ref=493163&token=c06e631e

On July 5, the new project by Gamestart Editions "Fantasy World Creator" will be launched on the Kickstarter platform, designed by role players for role players.

FWC arises from the need to unify in a single product different tools useful for roleplayer and those who create adventures. On the market, there are anonymous rewritable sheets for maps, a few miniatures from high cost and different rigid supports of the most varied materials: many things but unstructured and that would require high costs to have in hand something sufficient to a game setting, all that it is impractical especially for those who approach roleplaying but want to immediately enjoy the immersive.

"Fantasy World Creator" overcomes all these gaps by bringing together in a single box multi-settings modular planks with standard movement grid (2.5 cm), vertical tokens that reproduce dozens of different monsters and all the available classes of the major GDRs combined with horizontal tokens for quick settings of the environments; all accompanied by a "state" token to indicate effects of spells and abilities and from character planks to keep track of momentary increases during combat. A fundamental feature of FWC is that all the parts of the support are totally rewritable with dry ink markers, so as to ensure infinite reuse and versatility and to maximize this point have been inserted "blank" vertical tokens, totally customizable, to add anyone in adventures. Particular mention should also be made of the materials chosen for high strength and laminated with specific plastics on both sides for additional strength and reliability during game sessions.
      Versatility and completeness are the cornerstones of this add-on, combined with a "hand-drawn" graphic that will leave intact the philosophy of "paper, pen and imagination" that has made the role-playing game famous all over the world.

Analyzing in more detail FWC from the Kickstarter page we find 3 different proposals

The "Base Beginner Hero" package: with contents closer to those who start playing from lower level characters and containing specific planks for "Dungeon", "Wildlands" and "Castle" settings, combined with more common and recurrent environmental tokens (both for exteriors and interiors, such as trees, tables, stairs, etc.). The character compartment has the 6 most used classes and middle-class monsters; the extra features include the "state" tokens and quick flicks. Despite being an "Entry level" product, it is still complete and will be offered at a price comparable to that of a basic D&D manual.

The "Advanced Master Hero" package contains the most interesting components: in addition to the "Base" package, there are planks in the additional "Subterran" and "Urban interiors" settings, combined with larger environmental tokens (up to 20 cm) including roofs; this last implementation, although it may seem trivial at first sight, is instead very useful not to reveal the interiors of buildings (read planks "urban interior") without the players decide to enter and allowing, thanks to the grid here, to fight and move as if you were on a higher level, which is very useful in stealth missions. In this package will be present the monsters of greater size and the characters of other 6 more specific classes; central is also the presence of a Dragon, with a token of size "Gargantuan".

As a third package there will be a very limited "Artist" version consisting of 3 highly discounted "Advance" boxes, plus the possibility of inserting a character (or a monster) with your face and an official t-shirt with original logos and illustrations.

The original illustrations are in fact what, thanks to FWC, will make you seem to live your adventure in an illustrated book. All the characters and the monsters are the work of two Italian artists, Elisa Serio and Manuele Brandani. Their technique is a direct pen on paper, all freehand; a unique style for a unique definition. The environmental tokens are instead illustrated, always by hand, by Andrea Alemanno, another emerging artist in Italy.

"Fantasy World Creator" has already been called "The Dungeon Master's Egg of Columbus" according to its supporters.

Crowdfunding will be essential for the production of this project and will allow all those who want to immediately experience the role-playing experience at 360 °, to pre-purchase the first print run at a definitely lower price and to take advantage of some promotions limited to the launch of the Kickstarter.

Appointment then to July 5 for the launch!

Stay tuned!

• By Shpam
      Hello everyone!
      Last week, I posted pictures of one of the two D&D adventuring parties I am DMing (http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81365-my-dnd-adventure-group/). These were minis I painted about a year ago. As there is a second party, I wanted to post some pictures of it as well.

I painted the second batch of minis quite recently, I hope you like them. Here they are :

"60071: Eccardian Drovenge" is Alrune, a Tiefling druid who was raised by Ents. Taking a step back from it, I think tha the blue wasn't the best choice, I should probably have gone for brown on those blue parts. I love the mini but with all those little details it was quite a challenge to paint :

"03828: Crusader Champion (Sword and Shield)" is Guy Saint-Hubert, a human butter maker who decided to become a paladin of the goddess of death, justice and night to avenge his family :

"03476: Kasham, Reptus Wizard" is Kigozaloph Jeanpatrine, a Silver Dragonborn necromancer. I was worried about the metallic paint to make his skin, but i'm happy with the result :

"14567: BSG Hok Sergeant" is Miroslav Bulldosex (sigh), a Halfling fishmonger who decided to quit the civilisation and chose a barbarian life. All the pink marks on his skin are supposed to be scars but I didn't manage to make it obvious :

"14553: Arthrand Nightblade, Wood Elf Sergeant" is Polodriell, an Elf ex-soldier. He lived in a jungle, that's why his arrows are made with parrot feathers. I couldn't manage to make his eyes look good because of the cloak  :

• Who's Online   16 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)