Sign in to follow this  
Egg of Coot

Blood Red Skies

Hey all,

I recently started building up a collection of Blood Red Skies minis - I figured it was a nice compromise between the relative simplicity of Wings of Glory WWII and the insanity that is Check Your 6.  Is anyone else here getting into this game?  I have yet to play a game and a wondering what the general consensus is.  I've gotta admit that I was sold on buying the game based on my weakness trifecta - Airplanes?  World War II?  Miniatures?  Here's my money.  Take it!  Take it! Take it!

The Egg

• Like 1

The group I play bolt action with at a local store is starting to get into it.  I haven’t got a chance to check it out yet.  I noticed at the local gaming convention several of the historical gamers in my area where buying into it. 

I've played a demo game and also a learning game with my friend that also bought into Blood Red Skies.  

It's pretty simple but the restrictions on movement and who you can attack make for some tricky calculations.  I do like that it's pretty abstract since it would be very hard to simulate air combat in any kind of reasonable table top game. 

if you go to their website, you can download aa free pdf of a Blood Red Skies PDF Starter Rulebook....

I just did....

• Thanks 2

Thanks @knarthex!  I've been curious about it, and now I can take a closer look.