72moonglum

Ral Partha Armored Knight Raising Visor

2 minutes ago, Citrine said:

He and his shield are awesome!

Thanks so much!  The only things that occurred to me were unicorns and happy faces, so I went with the unicorn...

• Like 3

That is fantastic

• Like 1

I really like him - the painting really compliments the classic figure and the shading is terrific. It would be nice to have a better view of the shield 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iridil said:

I really like him - the painting really compliments the classic figure and the shading is terrific. It would be nice to have a better view of the shield 

Thanks! I’ll see what I can do about getting a better shield shot. 

I think you did a fine job on him, and I could instantly identify what was on the shield, so your freehand is definitely good enough.:winkthumbs:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I think you did a fine job on him, and I could instantly identify what was on the shield, so your freehand is definitely good enough.:winkthumbs:

So you like the walrus I painted on the shield?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Warlady said:

I think the freehand on his shield turned out really well.

Thank you very much, it's a really small spot to paint on and my freehand always makes me feel like I'm a kindergartner drawing really simple designs.

And here’s a close up of the shield  not the greatest of photos  95FF80F7-D40C-44B7-BF38-6A508503077D.thumb.jpeg.00f7c1d58696cc55f0eaa0c09713af9c.jpeg

• Like 5

That you did a recognizable unicorn speaks volumes.  I've never managed more than some uneven dots around the hem of a cloak.  ;-P

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, Warlady said:

That you did a recognizable unicorn speaks volumes.  I've never managed more than some uneven dots around the hem of a cloak.  ;-P

I'm glad people can recognize it as a unicorn, I did this one years ago, and asked if people knew what it was but nobody figured out it was a crossed sword and carrot...

reaper halfling druid 500.JPG

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Farris, a former knight turned member of the Blacksmiths Guild, from the game Guild Ball.

Rather pleased with this in the end, although I need more experience working on PVC minis, I missed so many mold-lines while prepping this one!

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By 72moonglum
      So here's the last of the trilogy I was working on, another Shadowrun figure that I finished this morning so that I could start a little vacation tomorrow without any pending figures to distract me. She's a Dennis Mize piece, female gang member with pistol from the great old Shadowrun line

As with the other ones I'll eventually photograph her with the set of four figures in total she comes with, so kept her off a base and just painted the base she came with. Otherwise, the four figures with such large bases wouldn't fit in the photo. These bases in themselves are pretty large so she's pretty stable on it, even though she's kind of teetering on the back side of it.

So enjoy, more miniature mayhem when I get back!

• By Metalchaos
      As you explore the ossuary, you hear wailings coming from a dark corner behind a sarcophagus. You see what seems to be a lost child, squatting and shivering. Chills run down your spine, when you first apprehension turns out to be dreadfully wrong. This foul creature has mottled decaying flesh, its eyes burn of hatred as it looks at you with a grim smile... Not a Reaper Miniatures but I thought some of you might like that Old school Citadel miniatures FTD-12 Dwarf Children (girl), distributed in North America by RAFM back in 1981. I painted it with acrylics as a child-sized Ghoul for the purpose of a DnD game need.

• By Metalchaos
      From the thick bushes on either side of the road, a volley of javelins flies towards you. You try to take cover while a second volley is hurled. Heavy rain makes it uneasy to see anything. The bushes rustle, and your assailants appear next to you. It's a group of four reptilian humanoids about six feet tall. Their roughened leathery scales shift from grayish brown to green. A disgusting smell sickens you as the chameleon-like creatures attack you with their primitive weapons, their teeth and claws.
      Here are the Lizardmen, Dark Heaven Bones sculpted by Gene Van Horne.
      From left to right;
      77426 Lizardman with Club and Shield
      77154 Lizardman Spearman
      77155 Lizardman Warrior 77425 Lizardman Archer       77154 Lizardman Spearman           77155 Lizardman Warrior           77425 Lizardman Archer           77426 Lizardman with Club and Shield        
    • By 72moonglum
      Good evening everybody!

So just finished another Shadowrun figure, a Street Mage with a Moon Staff. I'm not sure if the sculptor is Dennis Mize, I'm almost sure it is, but her face is a little different than a typical Mize piece.  

I'm going to eventually paint the entire set she came with, a bunch of Street Mages, which is why I didn't actually put her on a base, but rather painted the one she came with. It's pretty large and stable and when the other three are finished I'll want to photograph them all together, and if they're all on bases, they might not fit comfortably in the photo.  So more to come!  Really enjoying these Shadowrun figures. 
      This figure I like in particular because it kind of could fit just about anywhere, she could be fantasy without any guns or modern weaponry or technology tying her down,  or she could still fit in with the "post-modern" Shadowrun vibe.

I may end up basing her eventually, because I really do prefer figures be on bases because they wouldn't be touched so much.

So, anyhows, hopefully you like her!

• Who's Online   34 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)