72moonglum

Ral Partha Armored Knight Raising Visor

2 minutes ago, Citrine said:

He and his shield are awesome!

Thanks so much!  The only things that occurred to me were unicorns and happy faces, so I went with the unicorn...

• Like 3

That is fantastic

• Like 1

I really like him - the painting really compliments the classic figure and the shading is terrific. It would be nice to have a better view of the shield 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iridil said:

I really like him - the painting really compliments the classic figure and the shading is terrific. It would be nice to have a better view of the shield 

Thanks! I’ll see what I can do about getting a better shield shot. 

I think you did a fine job on him, and I could instantly identify what was on the shield, so your freehand is definitely good enough.:winkthumbs:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I think you did a fine job on him, and I could instantly identify what was on the shield, so your freehand is definitely good enough.:winkthumbs:

So you like the walrus I painted on the shield?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Warlady said:

I think the freehand on his shield turned out really well.

Thank you very much, it's a really small spot to paint on and my freehand always makes me feel like I'm a kindergartner drawing really simple designs.

And here’s a close up of the shield  not the greatest of photos  95FF80F7-D40C-44B7-BF38-6A508503077D.thumb.jpeg.00f7c1d58696cc55f0eaa0c09713af9c.jpeg

• Like 5

That you did a recognizable unicorn speaks volumes.  I've never managed more than some uneven dots around the hem of a cloak.  ;-P

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, Warlady said:

That you did a recognizable unicorn speaks volumes.  I've never managed more than some uneven dots around the hem of a cloak.  ;-P

I'm glad people can recognize it as a unicorn, I did this one years ago, and asked if people knew what it was but nobody figured out it was a crossed sword and carrot...

reaper halfling druid 500.JPG

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here's another Cat Critter I completed this week, DSM8006 Scottish Wildcat Warrior.
      This two-part 28mm pewter model was sculpted by Dave Summers for Dark Sword Miniatures.
      I glued the hand holding the sword before painted it. I hope you will like it as much as it was a joy to paint.

• By 72moonglum
      So I'm working on a set of four, some Meta-Human Subtypes and got this one done first, a female gnome Rigger or Decker.  As always, so hard to decide on colors. When I think gnomes I think of either lots of colors or just nature colors, so went with some pretty strong bright shades I think, and blue hair with that cyberpunk vibe that Shadowrun has.  After this one, there's a male gnome, a cyclops and a hobgoblin with a mohawk, so hope to get those going soon as well.o

When I took her off the balsa wood base I paint my figures on, a little bit of the paint came off the back of the base I can see now, so I'll eventually touch that up.  This little lady is pretty small, a gnome lass in a 25 mm world, so she's not too big at all. If ever I remember I'll take a picture of her against a coin for reference.

• By Brianuk
      Just need to base and do final highlights on this mini. I brought it from a great small company called Battlezone miniatures, they have the rights and moulds for a load of old Grenadier miniatures. Mark Copplestone is probably my favourite sculptor so pleased that these adventurer minis are still in print. 
      I also love the cheating/sense of achievement when you paint a figure in plate armour. This one was standard drybrush over black, blue ink wash, lighter silver tone dry brush. 

• By aku-chan
      Started working on the Echoes of Death set. I have the whole set, but I also have an appalling track record when it comes to actually finishing my Kingdom Death figures, so I'm just building and painting them one at a time.

Starting with the Fighter (who's gigantic):-

So far, I've made a start on her skin:-

It's a basecoat of 1:1 Elf Skin/Rosy Skin with a Flesh Shade Wash.

I stopped here and took a piccy so I could get some idea of where her eyes are, I think buying some sort of magnifier is in my future.
    • By Pingo
      This is an old school mini from the German rpg Das Schwarze Auge, 15500b: Female Sorcerer. I found it on the Ral Partha Europe website. WIP (incomplete) here.

I'm rather pleased with how the light refraction and reflection effects on her orb turned out.

• Who's Online   38 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)