• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      As a fan of Warhammer 40k since it was called Rogue Trader, I have found the new direction of the post-Kirby era GW to be uplifting and with the release of many interesting minis I have begun spending money on them again.
      Kill Team: Rogue Trader is one such set I have bought recently.
      The Gellerpox Infected are the "bad guys" of the set. Formerly crewmembers and shipboard vermin that have been granted some of Grandfather Nurgles gifts (you know, the ones that keep on giving!) and have ...evolved.

lots more pics beneath, but you have to want to see them...

• By Nightwing
      This was birthday gift from my wife last summer.  She’s finally done. I hope you enjoy.  

• By DragonWyrm
      After a while of not posting any painted pieces I present to you my pledge from Stonehaven Adventurers 2018. They have been painted using a limited palett of: titanium buff, titanium white, prussian blue, red oxide, burnt umber, raw umber and yellow ochre. They were fun to paint even if some of them are tinny. My favourite fo the bunch is the thief, I am not sure if you can see it from the photos but the base looks like water without using water effect (modelling paste and a wash of prussian blue + yellow ochre).

Front:

Back:

The Side:

Close ups:
      The witch:

The Thief:

The Tracker:

The Warrior (Only one with gloss varnish):

The Assassin:

The Pet:

An extra of the Warrior and Ferret (or one of the related species).

• By Maledrakh
      Forge World's Daemon Prince of Nurgle! I like this one so much better than the GW space marine daemon prince mini.

I bought this second hand some time ago, and now that I have looked at the forgeworld site to see what the name of this mini actually is (turns out it is simply "Daemon Prince of Nurgle". For some reason I thought it was a named character.) I see that I am missing a second hose part between the barrel and the weapon arm. Oh well. I won't be bothering with that bit then now that it is painted, after all it is not as if I missed it neither when building nor painting.

I painted it as follows: First an airbrushed black undercoat followed by a light grey zenithal. On top of this I sprayed some thin leathery brown and bone-ish colour (don't remember exactly which ones, they are Vallejo model or game Air at any rate. I did this some time ago).
      Now that I put this one on my painting table, I drybrushed the whole thing fairy heavily with a pale flesh colour, followed by dabbing a lot of different colours here and there when I had some colour left over on my palette. (I often have some unfinished, not really abandoned pieces just standing around my desk that I give a semi-random coat of colour to now and then, with only a partial idea of how I want them to end up,  gradually completing them over a fairly long period of time. Right now this was actually the last one of those. I will need to pick some random minis to start off again soon. At some point the semi-random painting reaches critical mass and I complete the mini.)
      At any rate, critical mass was achieved and I decided to finish it. After making sure that everything that needed colour had some, I gave it a heavy wash of Citadel Druchii Violet Wash, together with Athonian Camoshade and some dabbings of Carroburg Crimson and Coelia Greenshade washes here and there. All applied while the previous wash was still wet.
      Knocking back the resulting purple by carefully drybrushing with several fleshtones, the gun-barrels and the barrel-barrel were done in Scale 75 Black Metal, followed by heavy rusting and weathering with oranges and light turquoise. The unwashed (greatly unclean!) apron was touched up with some light grey, Teeth and nails in bone-tones and the barrel was finished with some Battlefront Sicily Yellow and some Pale Flesh for that Fallout radiotoxic barrel-feel.
      I did the base in black flock, using a dark brown bushtuft with black flock glued on to represent the aura of decay surrounding the Prince killing off the vegetation around him.

And that 'lil nurgling taking a bath in the barrel is just so cute!

Daemon Prince of Nurgle
      Forge World
      Warhammer 40.000 / Age of Sigmar Chaos faction 
      Resin
      65mm base
    • By Maledrakh
      This is an old metal Cthonian aka Carnivorous Worm, from the Call of Cthulhu line made by RAFM co. 

It was painted in less than an hour, entirely by drybrushing up from a black undercoat. No washes or layering used.
      The base is bespoke 3D printed and measures 85x60mm.

I believe this miniature still is available from RAFM.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)