Any Brownie or Brownie-like minis out there? My Google-Fu is failing me right now.

thanks

like 28mm scale chocolaty squares?  would take a lot of them to make a decent snack!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

1 hour ago, eldamir said:

like 28mm scale chocolaty squares?  would take a lot of them to make a decent snack!

Definitely not the chocolaty squares......nasty. ::D:

The Otherworld one might just work thou. I totally spaced off looking at their catalog. thanks!

what about the Splintered Light 15mm gnomes?

yhst-133546587642587_2264_53145904.jpg.46fc9c6e1e0b3d8cac15b8c8c8c977ea.jpg

or, possibly, their elves (depending on your desired style)?

yhst-133546587642587_2264_132057644.thumb.jpg.c7b217d24b06f3795d4a1f93ed56a3da.jpg

An entire army in that scale is dirt cheap.

plus, flower catapult!

yhst-133546587642587_2264_60611584.jpg.8c946a3d0b03e08c79ea19f56a7ce483.jpg

Edited by vulture
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Eureka Miniatures

image.png.93bbd96df733660774acadc84a82cf21.pngimage.png.ad43a6714852d71f751594aa2b9ede0c.pngimage.png.49ee5b0b2ea53c9285f7fc5c20856183.png

8 hours ago, vulture said:

what about the Splintered Light 15mm gnomes?

yhst-133546587642587_2264_53145904.jpg.46fc9c6e1e0b3d8cac15b8c8c8c977ea.jpg

or, possibly, their elves (depending on your desired style)?

yhst-133546587642587_2264_132057644.thumb.jpg.c7b217d24b06f3795d4a1f93ed56a3da.jpg

An entire army in that scale is dirt cheap.

plus, flower catapult!

yhst-133546587642587_2264_60611584.jpg.8c946a3d0b03e08c79ea19f56a7ce483.jpg

Both are nice. The Eureka line reminds me too much of satyrs but I do like the squirrel cavalry riders. The SL gnomes are intresting. I'll have to keep them in mind.

• Like 3

Eureka also has sprites/fae, due to nudity I can't link them all, but take a look.

• Like 1

Ral Partha had a decent number of halflings and gnomes which might be small enough to pass for 28mm brownies with the scale creep...

Wargames Foundry used to have all sorts of little fey folk as extras in their Elves line, but they haven't been brought back under the Warmonger flag.  Heck, it's hard to even find photos of them these days.

I really could only find the ones I painted up, the ones in red caps here:

redcaps.jpg

• Like 4

Iron Wind Metals also has a couple of winged sprites, although they may not be what you are looking for. I seem to remember the HackMaster line having something that might fit, but maybe those are just winged pixie fairies. The HackMaster line is also produced by and available from Iron Wind as well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      A few of the Fair Folk and their followers.

I was inspired to paint them up by a friend's mini-campaign where everyone played as Forest Gnomes.

Thopas, the Lesser Gnome mascot.  This is the second version of him I've painted, for the DM of the before-mentioned game.

"Lord, I was born a Smambling Mound!  Tryin' to kill adventurers with two attacks per round..."

(minis are actually from the Magic the Gathering board game)

A Pixie Messenger from Stonehaven Miniatures recent "Giants" Kickstarter.

An Evil Fairy from Reaper's familiar packs.

Some sprites or such from "Foundry Miniatures" now under their "Warmonger Miniatures" branch.  They used to come as random extras in the Elf packs.

And I saved the best for last.

Some tasteful gnudes.

• By wdmartin
      I'm working on 60067 Nyrissa.  She's a major NPC in the Kingmaker adventure path from Paizo.  I'm trying to follow the reference art from the cover of the AP pretty closely, though I've checked other threads on the forums for inspiration too.

So far I've got a base:

The base is from Micro Arts Studio.  I gouged a slot in it for the tab at the base of her wings.  It's coming along okay, but it's awfully muted.  It needs more contrast -- particularly brighter highlights.

I've base coated her wings.

The wings are 3:3:1 Pine Green/Linen White/Pale Saffron.  The vines are in Formula P3 Wurm Green, and the interior petals are your basic Fire Orange.

It doesn't come through in the photography very well, but in person the blue in the main wings is a LOT more noticeable.  I need to push it more towards the yellow end of the spectrum -- I want them to be the pale, nearly yellow green of fresh leaf growth, before it's had time to mature and darken.  I don't quite know what I'm going to do about that.  I don't really have any pale green paints -- I generally like dark greens, and have a wide selection of those.  I may need to mix something custom.

The interior petals are off to a good start, but need to shift red in the deepest parts, and yellow at the edges.  I'm less worried about those.

I haven't even primed her body yet.  I'm not quite sure how to handle it, frankly.  It's a lovely sculpt, but difficult to work with.  She has a little nubbin between her shoulder blades that fits into the hole you can see in her wings up above, leaving her hovering mid-air.  Literally every other part of the mini needs to be painted -- there's no place to hold the part while I'm working.  Ordinarily I stick the figures to bottle caps with poster putty (as with the base, above), and I just got that fancy Rathcore mini holder thing that I'm using for her wings.  But neither of those will work, because any part of the mini I stick in putty isn't available for painting, and if I stick the nubbin into the cork, that leaves her back inaccessible.  Plus I worry that the pressure of the cork might deform the nubbin and cause it not to fit its matching hole properly.

So I may need to paint her body in two different phases, first her torso/arms/head, and then her legs.  I'll take notes on painting procedures as I go so I can match them on the second half.
    • By Lidless Eye
      So, Volo's Guide to Monsters has resparked my interest in Redcaps.

I've used them a few times before in Feywild encounters in D&D, but always just used Gnomes as proxies.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for Redcaps?  I'm looking for the sort like they have in 5E and PF: evil twisted small folk, with iron shoes, blood-stained hats, and wicked scythes, sickles, and axes as weapons (though weapons are easy enough to convert)
    • By NightyKnight
      anyone want to play
      Conquest of Bloodsworn Vale
      B: Jason Bulmahn

Nestled between lofty peaks of the Mindspin Mountains, the Bloodsworn Vale has been

forgotten by civilization for decades. Once a well-worn path connecting the heartland of

the empire with its more remote colonies, it now exists as an unclaimed and unspoiled

woodland. The years have erased the road and various monsters, once held in check

by the Empire’s soldiers, have all but over- run the valley. Today, the vale is a dangerous

place, thick with tenacious plants, cruel monsters, and hungry predators.

Four months ago, King Arabasti, the aging lord of Korvosa, decided to reclaim

the vale for his crown, planning to tame it and reopen the important trade route

with the south. He charged Sir Tolgrith, one of his more trusted vassals, with this

task. Soon aft erward, the loyal knight and his band of hearty soldiers set off into the

vale, reopening the northern mountain pass and establishing Fort Thorn in the

heart of the valley. Over the past three months, Sir Tolgrith

and his men have worked hard to reopen the old trade route. While they met with

some success, the magnitude of the challenges that lie in their path have put them

behind schedule. Monsters constantly attack workers and caravans bound for the

fort, the water supply fouls once per month, and the ever-present rose bushes make sur-

veying and exploring the region painfully slow. In hopes of putting progress back on

track, Sir Tolgrith sent out a call for adventurers, promising gold, land, and titles to

those willing to help solve his problems.

We will use:

Core Rulebook

Advanced Players Guide

Ultimate Magic

Classes:

Any

Alignment:

no evil

Level:

6th

Race:

Standard races

uncommon races

please post characters here to play

positions filled 5/5 slots closed
    • By djizomdjinn
      Some of you may know that I love interference colors.

Obviously, something as magical and ethereal as a fairy demands that I use all of them. It really is quite a treat rolling her in the light and watching it play off her wings and dress. Also interference colors work well for sheer, gauzy cloth dresses. A thin coat over a flesh-colored base, and painting in the skin highlights where it hugs her body.

Also, it appears that the Bones version of this sculpt at least molds both wings as one sprue, so there was a pretty ugly slot where the wings joined. A bit of GS to cover it up and resculpt the hair and I think it looks fine now.
  • Who's Online   37 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)