pinkymadigan

New Hobby Area advice/suggestions

7 minutes ago, robinh said:

nah..  just use a jack to brace the table  ,,, with a 2x4 across under the main supports...  adjust the legs then lower till it touches the floor and remove jack!

Yeah I thought about a pallet jack, but getting one downstairs would be a lot of work too. Hopefully it's all moot and the light fixture can ride the uprights further down without any difficulty. There appears to be a lot of room over the panel board, so I'm hopeful that I can put the LED arms in place and then the shelf over if.

• Like 1

actually I was thinking of the small scissor jacks found in most cars these days.  you can use it on a small stack of scrap lumber so that it is close to the 2x4 and then a couple of twists later the desk is off the floor

• Like 2

You're putting a lot of our hobby areas to shame.

Congratulations on your dream work zone, I'm interested to see what it looks like with everything in place; I'm also looking forward to hearing what its like working at.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rat13 said:

Congratulations on your dream work zone, I'm interested to see what it looks like with everything in place; I'm also looking forward to hearing what its like working at.

Thanks, it's nice to be able to do what I want finally. I put the bins in place last night (not interesting enough for a picture), and some time this weekend will get out to buy some peg board accessories. 

Now comes the unpacking of minis, paints, supplies and tools. I more or less got it where I want it (pushed about 8 inches off the left wall, about two inches off the back), but I can't move it anymore. There just isn't room to get leverage on the short side any more, and pushing from the far side isn't doing anymore good (and looks like it might do harm to the carpet were I to succeed).

I guess that means whatever shelving I put to the right of it will have to be around 3 feet wide. That's okay, the desk was the important thing.

• Like 2

Looks awesome. Even though moving the 8' is a pain in the bottom hole I bet you will appreciate it until you have to move it again. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, pinkymadigan said:

To which I replied "No no no no no no, you get an entire room on the first floor, this workbench is mine!".

Alternatively, "What are you going to paint first?"

::D:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's a great looking setup and I love seeing what everyone does for their work stations. I'm still trying to figure out how to organize my hobby room. :)

• Like 1