Seeing the nice results on different wip's using "N" scale Outland Models buildings for CAV terrain, I picked up a few kits myself....and I actually finished one!::D: This is the train railway modern garage / logistic center. I was shooting for a fairly new concrete precast type building. I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I used mostly sponge stiling to achieve the look.  Here it is with one of my best painted CAV for scale ( he is in the classic B&W T.V. Camo pattern ::P:).

IMG_0007.JPG.e0cfb87a6b87f55bf25f86a0fdc5f86e.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG.b5ffd88743039eb7a481c8cdbe109ace.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG.c0323a69d4c0e452e537f99417fde075.JPG

Now for the problems....I was able to get a nice sky / earth effect on the window panes, but it does't even show in the photos. Next one I will probably use brighter colors for the sky and earth reflection. The decal on the roof was also a big fail. I tried a method of rubbing the ink off of a printed page as shown on the Baremetal YouTube videos. That was a failure. I used an inkjet printer and I suspect he used a laser printer which would explain the problem I ran over. I was partially successful in hiding the problem by printing out a badge from the CAV kickstarter and varnishing it to the roof. The center of the badge was cut out and I stipled blue in the cutout. Lastly my clumsy hands broke several assembly pins while assembly the building with all the paint on it...so superglue came to the rescue! 

Anyways C&C is welcome.

-MIKE

• Like 7

Thanks Glitterwolf. I am happy with it and it scales ok with the CAV. I think I have about ten different buildings and want to pick up the damaged ones when the become available.

About four of them I have are 3D printed and they are definately lower quality than the extruded ones shown above. I finally got some of those assembled and primed, so they will probably get finished next. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By willmontgomery
      1) Will these 12 new paints (73400-73411) be available for normal retail sale at some point?

2) They claim to be HD paints, but they have white caps. What's up with that?

3) Is there any chance of being able to purchase black caps for Reaper paint bottles? I could find only white caps in the store.
    • By EddieVanShatner
      Are there still plans for a new Journal of Recognition or a similar manual?  I would love to see something like this as part of the next Kickstarter.
    • By Darsc Zacal
      EDIT: Kickstarter is now Live!

"Hi everyone, we are back - and with a brand new Kickstarter!
      Later this week we are launching a Kickstarter featuring Viking and Anglo-Saxon ships, buildings and accessories - and we wanted to get the word out.

Yes...more ships! During the Kickstarter we'll be making some of our older ships and popular models available for a limited time as well as the new ones. Same designs - but now unpainted.
      To recap on our history: Last year we closed up our webstore and decided to pretty much quit making models. But after some thought we came up with the idea for a "Model of the Month" (MoTM) - evolve to go forward! Each month we make a brand new model available for purchase - we take orders, build and ship exactly that number, then "retire" the kit and move on to something else on the next month.
      We have been slowly building up customers and getting the word out there. Some models did better than others but what was clear to us was that we still enjoyed making models, just at a more relaxed pace. Only doing one model a month was way more enjoyable and because we could mass-produce more efficiently - it's also a better business model for us.
      Renaissance Miniatures has never been our bread and butter. We do okay on Model-of-the-Month and Kickstarters but the webstore was always more pain than gain.
      Then came our small Viking ship as one of our MoTM offerings. Vikings was a genre we had never done before but our ship models are always a favorite of customers. So, rather than spinning them out over months - lo and behold: A new Kickstarter featuring what a lot of people know us for..ships!

The Model of the Month is on hold right now while we get the Kickstarter running - but it'll start up again in a couple of months. But for now, the Viking Kickstarter is the main priority. Getting the models made and sent out to backers as quickly as possible.
      So please join us next week and follow along. Give us some feedback and lets make this fun again. We love talking with you guys. And we love having our models be involved with your enjoyment of tabletop gaming. Now....lets play!
      If all goes well, we'll launch the new Kickstarter on the 9th (this coming Friday)"
    • By Vytau
      Sharing the love, spreading the word - got my CAV II KS today!  

So. Many. Robots.  

Much stomp.  Many gauss.  Amaze. 
    • By Doublesix66
      Well here it is part the 66th Legion of the UTF ready for deployment

Stored away in a purpose build wooden box with steel paper bottom (all Cavs have magnetic sheet on bases)

Been fun sharing the progress of the army and has been a good incentive to keep it going.

If your interested heres the thread as I did each batch with some close ups of each type of Cav

regards
      '66'
  • Who's Online   30 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)