LarsM

A journey into rust (pic heavy)

That is a really nice effect, well done you :bday:

(I'm totally going to steal that idea.......I mean, be inspired to try it myself)

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

That is a really nice effect, well done you :bday:

(I'm totally going to steal that idea.......I mean, be inspired to try it myself)

Steal away!.. I am happy to inspire.

16 hours ago, Heisler said:

Now you just need to add some streaking rust to that.

I thought it was finished :o).. . I did add steaks, so Im not sure what you mean by streaking rust? 

But I would love to hear about it! 

Edited by LarsM
Did not want to miss a good advice

6 hours ago, LarsM said:

I thought it was finished :o).. . I did add steaks, so Im not sure what you mean by streaking rust? 

But I would love to hear about it! 

I missed them in the photograph, sorry. I usually go heavier on the streaking, it can be very prominent and its a little understated in yours.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heisler said:

I missed them in the photograph, sorry. I usually go heavier on the streaking, it can be very prominent and its a little understated in yours.

OK.. Hmm, maybe I should go heavier.. Thanks for the comment, I am always open to suggestions and ideas. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LarsM
      Finally got around to take pictures of my Warhammer diorama.
      I entered it into a local competition, and was lucky enough to win the Warhammer category. Thanks to everyone who wrote a comment in the WIP thread.
      Link here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81383-warhammer-diorama-pic-heavy/

..Sorry for the overload of pictures!  -could'nt help myself..

Although on these pictures I can see many mistakes, I am quite happy with it.
      Hope you enjoy it, and as always any comment, critiq or question is welcome.

• By Dragoneye
      Playing with Secret Weapon Miniatures weathering pigments (finally...) Making a rusty wrought iron fence is really fun! I think I need to add a few more shadows to make the bits pop. I'm pretty happy with this, but C&C welcome and appreciated!

• By Guyscanwefocusplease
      After ~6 months of not being able to work on projects, I present my first finished project of 2018- an ancient skeleton horde!

The goals of the project were to:
      (1) Start out with a bang in my goal to paint 52 minis this year
      (2) Add a good deal more skeletons for horde encounters in an upcoming tabletop RPG I am running
      (3) Get more practice with OSL in a setting that allowed me to try multiple techniques on similar models quickly (eyes)
      (4) Try my hand at verdigris, again trying multiple techniques to see what I like best
      (5) Try out doing weapons/armor chipping and weathering.

Happy to say all 5 goals were met (just took a long time)!  This was a tabletop-level project, so while they aren't perfect, they are "good enough".

Please let me know what you think- I relish C&C as it is a critical step in making me a better painter.

I also have a question: I need to seal these guys.  I want to use a matte sealer for the skeletons themselves (you can see the gloss from where I used quickshade), but I don't want to dull the metals on the arms and armor.  What matte brush on sealers does everyone prefer?

Thanks for looking!

• By Pochi
      Finished the last mini in the Bones 3 Ogre Command set. Here is the Ogre Chieftain.

He doesn't have a squire to polish his armor and the goblins use spit and their loincloths so....his armor isn't in the best of shape.

The shield on the back probably needs some battle damage but I hated to mess it up after I spent so much time getting it to look nice! Maybe he "found" it.

So here are pictures of the Ogre Chieftain and a group shot at the end. (I need a large photo background!)

I added a tutorial on how to do the rust effect.

• By kristof65
      A speed paint I did using Siri's tutorial on rust.

I actually did this at the same time I was laying down a rusty undercoat for my Rottweiler grav tank. Since I was doing the various colors for the tank, I did several terrain pieces, a couple vehicles and this all at the same time.

By no means a competition level paint job, but pretty good for tabletop with what I figure is less than 20-30 minutes into it.

• Who's Online   40 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)