I have seen some fantastic wyrmgear son here recently so I decided to finally take a shot at mine, first off I wanted a nice industrial type base so I grabbed a couple of blank CDs, some MDF sprue and plasticard and had at it.  Hopefully this works out.

IMG_4088.JPG

IMG_4089.JPG

IMG_4090.JPG

IMG_4091.JPG

• Like 17

A little more base work, waiting for some primer for wyrmgear

IMG_4093.JPG

IMG_4094.JPG

IMG_4095.JPG

• Like 16

I assume you'll be removing the Broccoli 'bases' on Wyrmgear's feet...   

The two cylinders sticking up on his back looks like small smokestacks. It may be an idea to drill them out. 

Oh, and I love the base. 

Not too keen on the wheelrim you added(a bit too modern for me), but the rest is nice and industrial. 

I'll be following this WIP closely because I have my own Wyrmgear waiting to be painted, and I may want to steal some ideas from you...  ;-)

• Like 4

I'm glad there's another Wyrmgear WIP because it's always interesting to see what others are doing.  I keep getting tempted to bring metallics into mine, since so many others are doing it rather well... O_o

What I'm really curious about is whether the wings will remain vertical, or if they'll be modified in some way like a number of people have been doing ^_^

• Like 1

The wings will not remain vertical sir, I will be tilting the enough to see both sides clearly

Yes gadget broccoli bones will be removed

• Like 1

This needs cleaning up but you get the idea more base tooIMG_4111.thumb.JPG.f545d5c50b9f212c676a461309f5f836.JPG

• Like 7

Forgot the base pic, just added some rusted metal "rubble"

IMG_4112.JPG

• Like 8

Still very rough but getting the placement of the wing designs in, if Citrine pops into the thread I have a question, you use nightmare black on your wyrmgear(superb btw) and I am also going to use it.  The finish it gives looks fantastic but when I apply it it has poor coverage is this normal for that color?

IMG_4113.JPG

Edited by Limey72
  • Like 6