Excellent do you have a tutorial you can post

• Like 2

Yes, if you look on YouTube for “Wire Tree Tutorial - Model Railroad” by Luke Towan, that’s the one I watched. I used finer wire than he did, and when you see his, you’ll see how much nicer his is. I made mine bigger to fit the 28mm mini sizes better. Also, I used moss for most of my trees instead of the foliage he used. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice job ... what game(s) will you use them in ... I used to build multi tree bases to make 'forested' areas and leave the trees removable for larger things moving into the area marked by the base ... worked well for table top war games that used 'area' terrain rules.

• Like 1

Well, in my daydreams I’ll use them for D&D, Boot Hill, or a prehistoric D&D game I’d like to run.  But realistically, they aren’t very transportable, and they’re kind of obstructive on the tabletop. So I’m not sure if they’ll ever get used. I might make some more and just leave them with no vegetation so that they at least don’t block the view of what is where on the table. Shrug. I dunno. 

• Like 5

Boot Hill ... so classic,  gave my copy with several modules to my cousin on his last birthday ... he is big on collecting old school TSR .

It had my go to combat system for Top secret and gangbusters ... 

• Like 1

Yeah, my group has been considering Top Secret and Gangbusters, and I’ve considered offering to run Star Frontiers. We are all a bunch of old farts. 

Edited by Nightwing

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SparrowMarie
      I have some minis I want to pin (or attempt to, have never done it before). I have wire, tons of paper clips, and am going to acquire some brass rod soon. But my question is about the clippers. I know I shouldn't use my sprue cutters for most things beyond plastics, resin, and other things like those. 

So my question is what kind of clippers (cutters?) Do I need to cut the metal bits down to size? I don't want to ruin my good clippers by cutting something too hard. I saw some in the jewelry section at Michael's but wasn't sure they'd hold up in the long run since it said it cuts soft wire and thread.
    • By Sophie was taken
      Had an extra one of these lying about, and decided to experiment with a limited palette. Here’s how she turned out:

Front
      Back

Main colors used were MSP Woodland Brown, Brilliant Green, Scholar Flesh, and Yellowed Bone (and it’s triad).

Not completely happy with her skin tones, I tried everything up to Moth Green trying to get a light tone that still read as green. Wound up using one of the darkest greens I have, go figure. Shaded by gradually dropping the flesh tone until it was straight green, but it turned out to be a rather extreme color shift.

I like how the base and tree trunk came out, however. The ground shade was achieved by throwing some blues and yellows together until they stopped being bad and then painting some gray on the rocks.

All in all, I think it turned out all right for just messing around. Definitely something to practice in the future. Comments, critiques, and suggestions appreciated. 
    • By Glitterwolf
      I created a little Graveyard.
      The Crypt and the Raven are resin models from Minimonsters, the Skeleton rising from the grave is 02043 from Reaper.
      The Tombstones and Fence are from the Reaper Bones III Graveyard Set.
      The pathway was made with Milliput and I used the Greenstuffworld Cobblestone Rollerpin on it.

Enjoy!
      Likes, comments and job offerings to lead Undead Hordes welcome!

WIP Here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-grave-by-glitterwolf/&page=6

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Porker and Library Owl:-

Porker:-

Library Owl:-

A pair of Urkins who are part of the Dickensian faction of the game Twisted, they're also in my Steampunk People WIP thread.

They were a lot of fun to paint, which is good because I have quite a few more to do!

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Gretel (and her monkey Hansel) a revenge-seeking witch-hunter and part of the Servants of the Engine faction from the game Twisted. She can also be found in my Steampunk People WIP thread.

Super happy with how this one turned out, particularly little Hansel!

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   33 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)