buglips*the*goblin

Life comes at you fast.

If there's anything you need... 

Wow... terrifying... glad everyone is okay. 

• Like 2

Glad everyone is ok.  Odd for a deck, even a goblin deck, to suddenly burst into flames...  Good luck getting things sorted and let folks know if you need anything.  We can probably scrap enough old paint pots together to give your goblin home a fresh, if eclectic, coat of paint.  

• Like 4

IR heaters can start a fire. So can Stainless steel dog food bowls or even glass bottles. (They can focus the sunlight. Yes, things like that have started fires before)   

I'll just remind everyone to check their smoke detectors and verify that all extinguishers are OK. 

Remember you can get sets of detectors that communicate wirelessly. Very useful in lagre homes or multi-story homes. 

Always have at least a 6Kg foam-based extinguisher in an easy-to-reach place(Mine is in the hall, just outside my bedroom door), and a smaller one in the kitchen. A 'fire blanket' is also nice to have in the kitchen. Just remember that it's a 'one use' item.  

(Foam extinguishers are a little less effective than powder, but on the other hand they don't destroy everything the fire hasn't destroyed. )

Learn to use an extinguisher. 

(Most common mistake is to release the foam/powder/CO2 when you grab it and start moving towards the fire. The second is to spray at the wrong point in the fire. ) 

If you have shildren, run fire drills, and make certain they have an easy escape route.  

(Small children will often hide from the flames, in a closet or behind a couch. )

The fire drill should include not just escaping, but also to where. Find a safe point to meet up. 

That said, if you need anything... 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

That is just horrible!

Please let us know how the salvage process goes; maybe we can all help replace some of what is damaged on the miniatures side of things!

• Like 4

I am glad everyone is safe. And from what I read in the articles, it's great your neighbour was there in that situation!

I guess in Germany people would be busy taking pictures.

• Like 2

Glad everyone is safe. Sorry for the troubles. 

• Like 2

Glad you're okay and you can still joke about the situation. Thats crazy. 

• Like 3

So glad you are ok and no one was hurt!

My worst nightmare.

As others have said let us know how we can help!  It might not be a lot but Im sure we can help with any hobby things/materials lost.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crowley said:

If there's anything you need... 

Seconded.

• Like 1

I saved Takhisis and the Feathered Serpent, plus three decent paintjobs to bring to RCon to try for bronze.

Weather system moving in with high winds and lots of rain, so the rest might be a write-off if the upper structure fails.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 22

2 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Weather system moving in with high winds and lots of rain, so the rest might be a write-off if the upper structure fails.  

Hopefully not! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

• Like 2

Yeah, forecast calling for at least tropical storm tomorrow, maybe worse.  I'm considering salvage done unless I get real lucky.  The rest of the roof has collapsed already.  

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Sad 19

GAH!! Glad to hear everyone is ok, fires are nasty business. Glad your still coming down for RCon this year thou.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I saved Takhisis and the Feathered Serpent, plus three decent paintjobs to bring to RCon to try for bronze.

Is there any way that I can come help loot save your miniatures and paint?

• Like 1