peepster1976

Frost Giant 77544 DONE!

Wow - beautiful work all around - what an inspiration. The icicles are the "icing' on the cake!

• Thanks 1

Bananas! Every part of this guy is amazing! I don't even know what part of him I like best. Every part from the horns, to the armor, to his weapon, his skin tone, right down to the base all adds up to one show stopping whole. 

• Thanks 1

Insanely well done, everything is superb what did you use for the icicles is it strong gel

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Crimson_king_of_the_tower
      Ok I don't do that many WIPs but I thought I'd try on this one. This is so far a base coat and 6 layers of shading. I like to use glazes so the build up is very gradual and I have to remember that everytime I start a mini lol. I will put down about 10 more layers going down all the way to a deep purple. This is at the pure tanned skin shadow phase. It will be slow going due to work but I will keep up with it. Comments and criticism welcome and before it gets mentioned I removed no mold lines this is more of a proof of concept to see if I can finish a wip post and how my skin painting is coming along. Thanks! 

• By Evilhalfling
      In response to a local club challenge, I painted this dwarf in 3 colors chosen by a computer program.
      written by @SirLarpsAlot

Golden Yelllow, Winter Blue and Leather Brown + B&W 

edit, I do need to fix that eye... 

• By xandizzle
      Hey guys, I'm back with a second mini to show off.  My dad recently decided to join the campaign that I DM for my college friends, (he has never played a tabletop game before), and he decided to play a Duergar Death Cleric.  My LGS still had a few of the 25th Anniversary Dain Deepaxes, and it's the perfect mini for him.  Had a little trouble pinning the arms, but very happy overall.  Anyway, say hello to Ulfgar Fireforge, Cleric of Laduguer!

• By Guyscanwefocusplease
      Hi all,

It's been awhile since I have painted!  Summers are always busy for me.

A few months back I was approached by an old friend who got back into DnD.  He started to buy some minis, and I showed him my profile here.

Back in June, he called me to ask if I would be interested in painting a special character for his campaign- Harshnag the frost giant.  The mini looked cool and I really wanted to help him out, so I said bring it on!

It's taken me far too long to do this, but you know what? I kind of like re-paints.  There's a level of pressure that's taken off with color choice that is really nice.

Anyway, I didn't take many pictures, but here are a few.

This is what arrived- pre-painted from WOTC, but only color blocking (ans often a bit sloppy in places). The whole thing would need to be painted over since I'd probably mess up color matching.

Here's after having done steps 1-10 or so.  Model mostly re-painted and shaded, highlighted, and drybrushed where it needs to be.  Still some work to do on the leather. Also decided to add in some bronze for a pop of color- though my buddy specified he wants it weathered and worn down.

Here we are after doing the verdigris.  The chainmail will be rusted as well- after doing the final verdigris highlights I'll move to the chainmail.

I really like the messy verdigris look- I think it draws my eyes to it more, though I'll be continuing to refine a range of verdigris effects in this and future works.  The nice thing is I am working on a quick and dirty verdigris technique that I think works really well!

Anyway, enjoy! C&C welcome as always.
    • By Metalchaos
      Here's the last one of the group 77233, Kegg Bugbear Hunter Dark Heaven Bones sculpted by Tre Manor. And, a blurry group picture.          
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)