• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Evilhalfling
      In response to a local club challenge, I painted this dwarf in 3 colors chosen by a computer program.
      written by @SirLarpsAlot

Golden Yelllow, Winter Blue and Leather Brown + B&W 

edit, I do need to fix that eye... 

• By Felltyde
      Guardian of the Twin Pass, bad guy for my campaign...still needs a touch-up or two, but looks good on the table 

• By Lidless Eye
      Another completed 3D print, again designed by Duncan Shadow.

This guy had a bit of a restoration.  The printer knocked his head off overnight in a 20 hour print, so I attempted my first partial print and printed only from that point up and glued him together.  The gap is more obvious on his back.  I used model car filler, but I think my tube was a bit too old.

And one with Sir Forscale:

• By 72moonglum
      So an EDIT:  I changed up the photos and added one more different view because I took them from a slightly lower angle

So it looks like Frost Giants are all the rage these days on the forums, so I'll add one more, eventually two.  I have been watching Patrick Keith's frost giant queen ever since she came out on the Bones Kickstarter and got her not too long ago, but didn't feel that I could actually start on her until I got some of my older frost giant pieces out of the way. The first two on the docket are John Dennett's classic Frost Giants from the Grenadier's Giant's Club, where each giant set came with the piece of a map and an obelisk. I'm not sure if after collecting all these you were able to send them in for something?

Anyhoos, here is the female frost giant, one of my all time favorite figures. I'm working still on the male frost giant who is a little more labor intensive, but I'll get him finished one of these days hopefully soon.

and some of the face's close ups because I think I took the farther away photos from a higher angle which didn't quite capture the face.

One thing I've found out especially towards the end of this project is that super glue and tight spaces really don't match and I managed to get the snow around and in a few places where it shouldn't be, including over the left hand's fingernails, which I took painstaking time and effort to make nice, only to get them covered by snow.

The snow I used came from some modeling snow I had bought years ago. Up until now I'd been using baking soda for my snow effect, but I worried a bit that over the time it might yellow (time will tell I guess) and it would not look so nice in a few years. 

In case anybody's interested, here’s the WIP I've been working with:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81156-grenadier-frost-giants/
      where you can also see ongoing process on the male as well.

Anyhows, I hope you all enjoy taking a gander as much as I enjoyed painting her!

• By wickedshifty
      Finally finished her.
      boy, that blue skin was tricky and I’m still not entirely happy, but considering how much time I spent on her I feel pretty good.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)