Pochi

Obsidian Crypt - 77637 (Photo heavy)

The Crypt is WONDERFULLY overgrown; SPLENDID work with the flock & static grass. It is also a BEAUTIFULLY painted creation. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a wonderful version of the crypt - clearly your oscar the grouch moment was well worth the clean up! The weathered stone is really great

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Evilhalfling
      Peter Paul Rubens 1577-1640

Rubens's depiction of males is equally stylized, replete with meaning, and quite the opposite of his female subjects. His male nudes represent highly athletic and large mythical or biblical men. Unlike his female nudes, most of his male nudes are depicted partially nude, with sashes, armour, or shadows shielding them from being completely unclothed. These men are twisting, reaching, bending, and grasping: all of which portrays his male subjects engaged in a great deal of physical, sometimes aggressive, action.

I added a twist, lean, and adjusted his neck.
      WIP

• By Chris Palmer
      This past week I painted the Behir figure from the Bones 3 "Stoneskull" Expansion, as I work my way through the remaining figures I haven't painted yet from that set while waiting for the arrival of Bones 4. 

For the painting article on my blog, see: Behir Article

• By Talae
      I picked up an airbrush kit on sale back in November. It came with two brushes, a compressor, and some other stuff.

Here is a picture:

The brush that I have been using mostly so far is the Badger Patriot 105. I say mostly because I have sprayed paint through it more than once, lol. I started with the bottom fed one (the 350) for one sitting of like 30 minutes, then tried another sitting with the 105 for like 30 minutes.

I have since used the 105 for something like three sittings of 30-60 minutes. My total airbrush experience is something like 2.5 hours plus another 1.5 hours of cleaning and practice assembly.

I have primarily just tried primers. The latest attempt has been applying Vallejo Surface Primer (black) to some of the graveyard set, namely the crypt and the fencing.

Here are those results (minus a rogue golem arm that missed being airbrushed until I cleaned up and was later brushed with the same color in order to prevent having to clean the airbrush for one piece):

I am thinking that I might try and use my Dwarven Forge paints to make this match the Dungeon terrain I have, but am not sure yet...and if I do go that route, would it be better to go with my typical dry rush route or should I be trying to apply colors on top of this with the airbrush? Or is there a different approach that I should be taking?
    • By Iridil
      My party always seems to have a menagerie of animals... here is one of them. Is it wrong to find a donkey cute?

• By Iridil
      And here is a fire giant I finished recently. I was much happier with him, but the photos reveal some sloppiness! In hand, he's great for the table and I feel satisfied. I'm currently working on a third, so let's see how that goes! 

• Who's Online   13 Members, 1 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)