Maglok

The City Guard

Awesome work! Wonderfully done

(I don't know, but they somehow perfectly fit into my inner image of the Ankh-Morpork City Watch)

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 3

Nice color scheme - the shields really stand out - are they freehand? If so, amazing ability to make the insignia the same!

• Like 1

Awesome work overall!!

I totally get the paint quickly to get them on the table. I have a couple of Anhurian spearman, that I'm working on right now. They aren't works of art but they'll work. Yours thou, are fantastic!

17 hours ago, Iridil said:

Nice color scheme - the shields really stand out - are they freehand? If so, amazing ability to make the insignia the same!

I think they are, there's TINY little differences between them, but you've got to look really carefully to see them. They look fantastic :wub:

• Like 1

These look great, I particularly like the spearman with the dripping bloody shield. 

17 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

I think they are, there's TINY little differences between them, but you've got to look really carefully to see them. They look fantastic :wub:

Oops I missed that question. They are freehand, I make a point out of not using any stickers. This trains my freehand. Thanks!

@Rat13: Bloodyshield guy works because the others do not have the blood stuff. :) He is special.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By odinsgrandson
      When I first started miniatures gaming, my first game was the classic Space Crusade. That game will forever have warm feelings from me.  

However, I soon started converting minis from the set, and using their bits in other conversions and I found that I really wanted to play Space Crusade, but didn't have any of the parts that I'd need.  

So I went to my "bits box"- which is quite extensive these days, with parts catalogued- and found that I could pull a full Space Crusade force out of it.  

For painting, I've decided to create tributes to forces that I've painted in the past- some for clients, others for myself.  None of them will match those forces too closely, as I'll be creating a new take on them.  

Here's the first squad I finished:  Salamanders  

I painted up my first unit as Salamanders as a tribute to the Salamanders forces I painted over the years (they'll be 'counts as' Imperial Fists for the most part).  This version of the Salamanders doesn't quite match any of the other color schemes for Sallies that I've done, and it was nice to have a slightly new take on them.  

PS- I've posted them to CMON for anyone who cares to vote.  
    • By aku-chan
      Yet another new mini, this time it's The Visarch, a mysterious Elfin knight.

I wasn't actually planning on starting him yet, but made a nice dark red mix for something else that I thought would look great on the inside of his cape:-

It's 1:1 Scarlett Red/Black > Black Wash > 1:1 Scarlett Red/Black > 1:1 Scarlett Red/Black with a brushtipful of Ochre Yellow.

Since this guy jumped the queue it could be a while before anything else happens to him.
    • By Crowley
      Sometime in the middle of 2018 I pulled out this old GW Mordheim Ogre Mercenary mini, and poked at it a bit, intending on painting him up pretty quickly. If I remember correctly, I did the base intending on using it for the dire boar, but then decided that it didn’t work for that mini. I have only a vague idea of how I primed it, but I think I mixed Reaper’s Brush On White Primer with… Grey Liner? Maybe? After priming it I started painting the flesh with… maybe Tanned Shadow? Maybe Ruddy Flesh? Since then I haven’t done anything with it, and he’s been looking at me accusingly the whole time.

Blurry picture cropped from the background of a work table shot where the ogre sat unloved 

So time to get it done.

Going back over the skin, I reblocked in with Ruddy Flesh. I used a bit of Walnut Brown to darken it for the shadows, and Rusty Red for the nose, cheeks, ears, and lip to make it look more fleshy. I used Linen White for the eyes, teeth and nails. Both the teeth and nails are going to need significant yellowing.

The shirt was painted with Muddy Olive, while the jacket was painted with Rusty Red, while  just about everything else has been painted with Walnut Brown.

More to come!
    • By odinsgrandson
      Tzeentch has always been one of my favorite parts of the Warhammer 40,000 and Age of Sigmar settings. I love both the concepts behind the Changer of Ways and the brilliant deformed mutants and demons that form his legions.
      Here are some Tzeentch minis that I’ve gotten to paint up recently. They’re actually from a few separate clients who were all excited about Tzeentch in this similar color schemes.

• By undel
      Update: finished 4 of my 8 bretonnian knights horses. Gonna take a break before doing the last 4. 

I based my gw horses on 2x2 “large” bases so that they fill the proper space for pathfinder and d&d. They are to the right so that someone who is mounted can place their mini to the left to designate that it is mounted.

Bases were made by stamping green stuff into textured stamps. I think these are gonna be pretty useful on the board. I've had a lot of trouble showing whether someone was on their horse or not, and it involved a lot of mini swaps.

These guys are the horses from the "Freeguild Pistoliers" set. I'm also working on a set of "Bretonnian Knights" horses to be based in the same manner that have barding on them. Those are still a WIP, but I'll update this topic when they're done. :)

• Who's Online   13 Members, 1 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)