Sign in to follow this  
Ducknuck84

Ral Partha: Belinda, Knight of the Light

EDIT: Added photo with a finished base

Pretty much done, in actual sun light you can see some of the highlights on the skin, so I'm happy with that being it was my first time trying that, just going to have to practice some more, still considering she's missing half her face to the cast error she came out looking a lot better once paint was added. Also really like how the red hair triad worked out.
What I learned
1. Skin is tricky but not as intimidating as I thought it was.
2. With work miscasts can end up looking good.
3. Always outline the eyes, though I think I'm going to try a walnut brown next time for fair skin.
4. Practice practice practice

C&C always welcome.

Belinda fFront.jpg

Belinda fback.jpg

Belinda fbase.jpg

Edited by Ducknuck84
  • Like 17

Good job.

I would paint the base and flock it, that would look even better.

• Thanks 1

hadn't really thought about that as i was using this for  practice but you are right. I should flock the base. even practice mini's should have a finished look. I'll update the top post sometime tomorrow with the finished base.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Warlady said:

Her hair came out very well.

Thanks, the red hair triad worked wonders for it. only thing I added was a little bit of dragon white to the red highlight to try and give parts a little bit more contrast

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Disserrma
      I pulled these goblins and hobgoblins from the BoGW a couple months ago to paint as some sort of evil fey.  The DM and I eventually decided to paint these guys up as Spriggan that could be used as Redcaps if needed.  C&C welcome.
      WARNING: There are a lot of pics.
      The whole group

The Enlarged Spriggans (formerly hobgoblins)

And the normal sized Spriggan (formerly goblins)

• By 72moonglum
      Good morning,
      here's my next figure, a Shadowrun gnome shaman, that came out of a set of MetaHuman figures, two gnomes (the female gnome already painted) a hobgoblin and a cyclops.  A feisty little gnome shaman or druid, kind of scrawny with a nice long braided head of hair in the back.  Fun figure to paint, a small part of the Gnomevember painting extravaganza (my extravaganza of two figures that is).

No idea in the world that that thing he is holding, some kind of totem, so I pretty randomly painted it.  Kind of a lot of detail for such a small little figure.  Not one hundred percent sure who sculpted, but I'm guessing maybe Jim Johnson? Maybe somebody else will know a bit better.

Anyhoos, hope you all enjoy!

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here is the second Goblin model from Ral Partha's 10-512 Monsters Boxed Set produced in 1992.
      It's a 25mm tall metal "lead" miniature that was sculpted by Bob Olley and I painted it with acrylics.
      I love how the scimitar guard and the helmet were sculpted on this model.

• By Metalchaos
      Here is an old classic Goblin model from Ral Partha. It was part of TSR D&D 10-512 Monsters Boxed Set produced in 1992.
      It's a 25mm tall metal "lead" model that was sculpted by Bob Olley and was painted with acrylics.

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all,
      another Shadowrun figure I just finished working on, a Tom Meier piece, Shadowrun Female Street Samurai with Gun.  There is also a male version of this gal that I'll be painting one of these days in the near future. With the rest of the Shadowrun figures I've done recently, I've done lots of vivid colors and makeup, but this lady looked a little more military-ish to me, so I kept her with a natural hair color, a white tank top and some military green shorts.  I just did a very single colored base that I might afterwards actually mount onto a plastic base, not sure about that.

It's kind of weird the glaring errors you don't notice until you get these hugely closeup photos, like the seam on her weapons side.  Oh well, when you look at her head one you don't really notice it I guess.  This hobby is just a continuous learning process!  So anyhow, hope you enjoy, even if you can see tons of imperfections!
  • Who's Online   21 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)