17 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I promised @TGP I'd ask one of his soup questions:

Sunday, August 5: Do you season your soup, or do you eat it the way the Chef or Campbell's Soup Company intended?

Since I am the chef I make it from scratch and season it the way I want.  I normally avoid canned soup unless I am deathly sick and can't manage otherwise. 

• Like 6

On 8/4/2018 at 1:06 AM, redambrosia said:

From my Hubby:

Saturday, August 4: if you were a super villain, what would your power, name, and costume be?

Well, if I were a supervillain...

First, I wouldn't be a villain.  I'm just at odds with social norms, for reasons.  I have my own morals, my own code of conduct, and it just happens to conflict with whatever society calls normal. 

Oh, and I'm probably a mad engineer.  Mad!  But polite.  (Because science requires documentation.)  Powers of invention, electricity, and maybe ether!  "Ether is the underlying fabric of the universe!"  And, annoyingly, I'm right more often than I'm wrong.

(So, yeah, I'm a fan of the Sons of Ether from Mage: The Ascension.)

But.. a name...  A title.  Something not pretentious.  (Something that doesn't sound like I cribbed it from a steampunk-ish group or artist.)  "Doctor Ether" is nice and too the point.  Maybe I'll think of something better later.

19 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Sunday, August 5: Do you season your soup, or do you eat it the way the Chef or Campbell's Soup Company intended?

It depends.

Anything I cook from ingredients, I season, but I'm sure that's not what's being asked.

Most of the canned soup I eat is New England clam chowder, without any additions.  It doesn't need any.

I tend to eat other canned soup without any changes.  I've been known to add croutons for soup, but only rarely.

Edited by Xiwo Xerase
  • Like 5

From @Inarah

Monday, August 6: What is a favorite quote from a show you watch?

Edited by redambrosia
Forgot to put the date in...
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

From @Inarah

What is a favorite quote from a show you watch?

I'll be back!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

From @Inarah

What is a favorite quote from a show you watch?

"Title of my sex tape."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I see I remain a question behind:

On 8/5/2018 at 1:39 AM, redambrosia said:

I am afraid I really did come up with a week’s worth of soup Questions. Happily for you all @redambrosia signed on for August. :ph34r:

16 hours ago, Beagle said:

Not the biggest fan of soup generally, I like cream of Tomato and some Asian soups, but I'm a crunchy sort of guy when it comes to foods, soups are all a bit too wet in my opinion.

Yes. I will only consume non-chunky/crunchy soups as a last resort. Even with so called “Chunky” soups I pour off the excess liquid (to drink it as a beverage) until the soup is at last, dense enough. 

7 hours ago, Inarah said:

Since I am the chef I make it from scratch and season it the way I want.  I normally avoid canned soup unless I am deathly sick and can't manage otherwise. 

The thing that inspired this question was me adding Paprika, Black Pepper, and something called Cranberry Honey Mustard to the contents of a can produced by some enormous factory and given a “Campbell’s Soup” label. At this point I have forgotten which of their offerings it was...one of the Chunky styled ones for certain. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

From @Inarah

“Rule 4: The best way to keep a secret? Keep it to yourself. Second best? Tell one other person — if you must. There is no third best.”

• Like 5

5 hours ago, redambrosia said:

From @Inarah

Difficult to decide, either:

"It's not EASY having a good time."

or

"Mr Flibble is VERY cross."

Edited by paintybeard
  • Like 4

Not a spoken line.

Buffy Anne Summers

She Saved The World

A Lot

On gravestone

• Like 5

On 8/5/2018 at 1:39 AM, redambrosia said:

LOVE Campbell's Soups. AND, like everything else I eat, I have to season it to taste or modify it in someway or other.

It may be a defense mechanism to ward off would be samplers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

From @Inarah

I could probably go all day on this one, but instead I'll just grab a couple from Supernatural. These might not be my overall favorites, but they're the ones that stick out at the moment.

First:

Lucifer (yeah that Lucifer): C'mon, just let me out, you know you need my help with this! (in fairness he wasn't actually entirely wrong)

Dean: Yeah, we let you out, you help us fight the Darkness and we win, then what are you going to do?

Lucifer: I don't know, move to L.A. Fight crime?

Bonus points for catching the reference -- which is what made it so humorous to me and Mrs. Gargs.

Second:

Castiel: Sorry we're late, we were fighting Lucifer.

British Guy: Wait, you mean THE Lucifer?

Castiel: Yes.

** Pause **

British Guy: Well, did you win?

Castiel: Yes.

British Guy: *Nods* Bravo.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

From @Inarah

"I love it when a plan comes together."

Edited by Clearman
  • Like 6

On 8/4/2018 at 1:06 AM, redambrosia said:

From my Hubby:

Saturday, August 4: if you were a super villain, what would your power, name, and costume be?

I see myself as more the Bond villain mastermind archetype. Superpowers are great, and I'm not turning them down, but legions of henchmen beat getting your own hands dirty any day. :devil:

I even have a (mostly) white cat who is insistent on sitting in my lap for pets at the most inconvenient times.

On 8/5/2018 at 2:39 AM, redambrosia said:

Honestly, most commercially produced soup is pretty darned salty to begin with.

95% of the time, I consume my food as presented to me. Exceptions being clam chowder, which demands fresh black pepper, and pho, where I feel I am expected, and encouraged to play with the chili oils, basil, and other elements presented to me with the meal. At least, those are what come to mind. There may be other, similar, corner cases that I am not thinking of just now.

• Like 6

On 8/5/2018 at 2:39 AM, redambrosia said:

Salt and Pepper, generally. Hot sauce if it's a soup that needs enhottening.

9 hours ago, redambrosia said:

From @Inarah

Last night's conversation featured a running gag from an episode of a show that I used to watch: "The man wrote 37 plays, each more brilliant than the last. Except for Pericles."

• Like 3