5 hours ago, redambrosia said:

We need a pukey face reaction.:blink: Salty oatmeal is so gross to me.

So herring and pickled onions are a non-starter, then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Bland and tasteless, but as you've said, I could have done my own condiments. The biscuits weren't so bad, but it was the shock of getting "gravy" that was a bone-white colour that really freaked me out.

Sounds like they forgot the sausage, which should be plentiful, meaty, and a flavorful addition to the gravy.  (And make it a light brown color). 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, etherial said:

Rice Krispies.

Honorable mentions: Kix, Lucky Charms, and the Powerpuff Girls Cereal.

I found myself surprisingly hungry at work this morning, so I grabbed one of the single-serving boxes of Rice Krispies out of the cabinet and needed a rusty spoon to cut open the perforations in the cardboard to turn it into a disposabowl. And then I discovered the plastic bag inside didn't have any perforations at all and I had to tear it open with my fingers like some kind of beast.

At least I had leftover milk for my tea...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Sounds like they forgot the sausage, which should be plentiful, meaty, and a flavorful addition to the gravy.  (And make it a light brown color). 

Yes, sounds like I got the vegan version. Shalln't make that mistake again.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Thursday, August 9: What type of cereal is your favorite?

Recently it's been Honey Nut Cheerios, but I can eat most cereals. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Cheerios (either original, honey nut, or apple cinnamon) and Raisin Bran

• Like 2

16 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Yes.

When I was a kid, I liked all the super frosted choco sugar bombs, but I have (mostly) outgrown that. Now I tend to favor stuff that at least pretends to be good for me: various types of shredded wheat, Grape Nuts, granola, Wheaties, stuff like that. I have recently begun mixing different varieties together.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I don't actually eat cereal for breakfast. But I do buy boxes of the cheap off-brand Cinnamon Toast Crunch at Aldi to munch on as a snack...

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I don't actually eat cereal for breakfast. But I do buy boxes of the cheap off-brand Cinnamon Toast Crunch at Aldi to munch on as a snack...

I find this a life approach valid.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Some sort of healthy-ish granola, usually eaten with vanilla yogurt instead of milk. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I tend to eat a bowl of cereal almost every day. My main go to's are Kellog's Muslix, Quaker Harvest Crunch and Kellog's Oatmeal Crisp with fruit.

17 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Cereal?

I do not consider that food.

I'm not sure I do either but a lot of the time my diet is just about getting the necessary calories as quickly as possible.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Lucky Charms. Although the lack of cheap plastic things included in the box did cause a legendary "back in my day" nostalgic rant much to the amusement of my coworkers. They were used to me complaining, but they never thought that this of all things would be a half hour's worth of passionate invective and profanity. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Friday, August 10: What is the worst song in the world?

I work so hard to blot such things from my mind...

The Hammering Song” ?

Slow steady beat, no rythym, just the one note (offkey). But I am sure others will think of worse things.

I was never a fan of that song with all the Dwarves, and tunnels, and pickaxes...

[...title lost behind memory block...]

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Friday, August 10: What is the worst song in the world?

That friggin umbrella song by rihanna. Bad memories of that one. Bleeeeeerrgh. 

• Like 3