1 hour ago, aku-chan said:

Supervillain.

Or (if I have to choose an actual, real career) Astrobiologist.

Hey, I said "Martha Stewart" so super villain should be fine :lol:

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

August 2nd: If you could have any career, what would it be?

Best career: Spy equipment builder. Like Q's crew in James Bond movies.

It allows me to do engineering, be creative, and invent stuff with tons explosives that would never pass OSHA/ANSI certifications. All with full government funding and their blessing.

"In case of emergency, you can use this 'Escape Banana'. The flesh is made of edible plastic explosives, the stem is a remote detonator, and the outsides of the peels can be stuck to your feet while the insides are made of a revolutionary low friction coating that will provide a rapid downhill escape. Also a source of potassium."

Worst career: Test subject for those inventions. I don't trust that inventor. I think he has a screw loose. He's waaaay too happy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Something outdoorsy.  Like maybe a park ranger.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Hey, I said "Martha Stewart" so super villain should be fine :lol:

You should have said I already said that.

For me Retiree!  Work hours are great and the pay is not bad if you do it right.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Something on the graveyard shift.  5am is a terrible time for an alarm to go off.  What would this dream job be?  Not quite sure, as I'd rather not go back to warehouse work, so instead I'll go with "even more of a daredevil than the characters in Initial D" because why not! ^_^ (that and all of their events are held later at night, for obvious reasons) 

But yeah, I'd so love a job that's on graveyards! The shifts anyways.  Graveyards are kinda neat, but at night get a unique feel to them... 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Ignoring reality?  I'd love to be a software developer for scientific research.  I really like building things and solving problems, but I'd like a lower stress environment for it.

This doesn't work in reality because academic research doesn't often have the money to support this and corporate research has all of the same problems as other corporate jobs (stress, management, the push to get things done immediately to realize return on expenditure, etc.).

Barring that... Wealthy long-term student.  I also really like learning things, but classes cost money, and I'm accustomed to my existing creature comforts, like having a house or not living on ramen and rice and beans all the time.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Head chef at the first commercial outer space resort. 

• Like 9

Assuming I could afford the career? I think I'd enjoy running a game pub.

I would also love it if I could somehow go back in time, obtain a PhD, and launch a research career in the pure sciences. (I was part way to a bachelors in Biology at one point) Sadly, I don't think I could handle a doctoral program at this stage of my life.

If I still need to earn my own upkeep, I think my current software career suits me ok. Of course, I am also totally willing to switch my job title to "retired", should the financial means appear before me. :upside:

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 5

On 8/1/2018 at 4:05 AM, Crowley said:

Question for Wednesday, July 32nd: What's something that makes you happy. 

Side Quest: Roll a die. Tell me what type it was, and the result. 

Currently. Playing with animals. Some of the ones I'm interacting with do stupid things to get attention.

Friends cat, ran up the furniture to head butt me into petting her. She didn't  leave me alone until i pat her head. 

Friends rabbit (miss mine) hyper running around the room and hopping on things. Snuggles in my lap. ^.^

Rolled a die for lunch decision. It landed on 11. We had Greek food. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Full time Miniature Sculptor/Jeweler. 

I'm not done with the career I currently have though (I've only been doing it full time for two years, so it hasn't lost the excitement yet, and it makes a lot more than I'd ever be able to do as a sculptor or jeweler), but I am working on developing my sculpting/jewelry business as my third (retirement) career.

Oh, and I'd like to welcome @Glitterwolf as our newest Quisitor.  He'll be questioning you in November.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

House wife.

That's not a joke. I know it's been stigmatized forever, it shouldn't be.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

On 8/1/2018 at 7:05 AM, Crowley said:

Question for Wednesday, July 32nd: What's something that makes you happy. 

Side Quest: Roll a die. Tell me what type it was, and the result. 

Seeing people that I care about happy, the fact that I'll be visiting with some of you folks in person at Reapercon, observing wildlife in the wild, animals in general.

SQ: I always carry a die in my pocket for just such an emergency!

D6, got a 5.

Highly successful rock star might be kinda cool.

Independently wealthy would be more practical, though.

Conservation/something to do with animals would be awesome, right up until whatever I was doing interfered with some cattle rancher/oil company/development company/whatever, and it became apparent that nature and wild animals are wonderful until it starts to cost somebody too much money, which would lead me to an even greater dislike of humanity than I already have.

Basically, I have no idea.

• Like 8

Atelier owner and instructor. I'm hoping to achieve that in my "retirement".

If I can get good enough by then!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

House wife.

That's not a joke. I know it's been stigmatized forever, it shouldn't be.

:fist bump: both Hubby and I have the dream career of house-spouse... I guess we just need clones to go make all our money :lol:

House-spouse sounds so much funner, it rhymes ^_^ 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1