6 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

That's really awesome, I hope your sons appreciated your care. "Being a nurturing person is a fine career." is a beautiful sentiment, I love that. ^_^

Thank you, Guindyloo. THE major demonstration of appreciation for me has always been going back for a second or third helping of something I concocted.

• Like 9

20 hours ago, redambrosia said:

August 2nd: If you could have any career, what would it be?

I chose my career so I guess I must have gotten what I wanted. Regularly wonder what the !$@ was wrong in my head when I chose it and why I'm still doing it. There are easier ways to may a living than farming but I just wasn't made for a desk job. Just wish I had a plus amount in the bank account and equipment that didn't break down every day. Spent almost $100,000 on better equipment in the last year and it's breaking down slightly less often than my 30 year old worn out stuff I was using.

Game designer would be fun but I sort of do that anyhow. Might be nice to get paid for it. Thought about writing fiction at times but the words just don't flow right for me. So lots of stories just floating around in my head untold.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I'd love to be an architect who designs churches. 

• Like 10

From our friend @klarg1:

Thursday Friday, August 3: What would you put on a reapercon challenge coin? What would be the benefit of winning a challenge coin?

Edited by redambrosia
Apparently it's Friday
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

From our friend @klarg1:

Thursday, August 3: What would you put on a reapercon challenge coin? What would be the benefit of winning a challenge coin?

Since my brain's active and won't let me sleep...

Assuming a single challenge coin:

Obverse: Sophie, maybe reclining like the logo on the back of the blister packs, text above: "ReaperCon", text below: the year the coin is issued (just in case a new challenge coin is minted in the future)

Reverse: Crossed paint brush and hobby knife, smaller paint bottle under the crossing.  Text above: "ReaperCon", text below: "Mini hobbyists unite!"

Assuming a yearly challenge coin, replace the obverse Sophie image with an impression based on the year's Sophie artwork.  Replace the image on the back with something related to the year's star faction (either new or returning) (I think it's the Blood Wolves this year?  It was the River Widows last year), replace the text below with the faction name.

Were such a coin (or coins) to be done, there should be an acknowledgement of credit for those who are truly dedicated and paint the images on the coins.

• Like 9

On 8/1/2018 at 11:02 PM, redambrosia said:

Question August 2nd: If you could have any career, what would it be?

Still catching up...

I had to wait for inspiration from others to answer this one. Thanks to Crowley (I think it was the Haminister):

TV Actor: Star Trek franchise, Commodore Pendrake. I would be the CO of a group of ships, it would vary in size Episode to Episode, because I would be constantly detaching Science Vessels, Armed Bouy Tenders, Deep Space tugs. I would not get much screen time because my role would be to hand-off tasks to specific Captains  (unlike me, young handsome actresses/actors) and they would feature in each episode. My role would involve being grumpy and giving them the mission brief. Every now and then my triple nacelle command cruiser would turn up to potshot the odd Klingon D7 (bit of SPFX; hardly any screentime). 

Our never ending missions™️ would be to clean up the mess left by frontline Captains such as Tracey and Kirk. One week the flotilla would have the task of recovering the abandoned USS Exeter. The next week we’d be rescuing the remnants of the People of Vaul (between tribal warfare and the vicious uncontrolled weather endemic to their planet they’d be in a heap of trouble). The week after that we’d be trying to keep the former thralls of Triskelion safe from a flotilla of Orion Pirates and Slavers...

But if the acting thing didn’t work out...

14 hours ago, Clearman said:

But I'd also take "genius billionaire philanthropist playboy".  I'm not picky.

Honestly, I am even less picky than @Clearman ...I would settle for any two of those four that included “billionaire” and I am cheaper as well: “millionaire” would do. :upside:

Edited by TGP
lowered my price.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

From our friend @klarg1:

Thursday, August 3: What would you put on a reapercon challenge coin? What would be the benefit of winning a challenge coin?

There would be 5 different coins.

On the obverse side the House Logo ( Figmentius/Tabletop/Frogwarts/Procrastius) or if you're not in a House a Ma'alDrakar's heads.

On the reverse side the Reaper Logo

The benefit of winning: A free drink.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

From our friend @klarg1:

Obviously, there would have to be more than one. I'm suggesting a commemorative coin, one side with the reaper logo, the other with a kaiju wearing a hat :devil:

I believe the usual reward for winning a coin challenge is to have a drink bought for you. I know a lot of you would enjoy that, but how about someone buying you a bottle of paint? ::D:

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, redambrosia said:

From our friend @klarg1:

I like this answer:

4 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

Obverse: Sophie, maybe reclining like the logo on the back of the blister packs, text above: "ReaperCon", text below: the year the coin is issued (just in case a new challenge coin is minted in the future)

Reverse: Crossed paint brush and hobby knife, smaller paint bottle under the crossing.  Text above: "ReaperCon", text below: "Mini hobbyists unite!"

Assuming a yearly challenge coin, replace the obverse Sophie image with an impression based on the year's Sophie artwork.  Replace the image on the back with something related to the year's star faction (either new or returning) (I think it's the Blood Wolves this year?  It was the River Widows last year), replace the text below with the faction name.

Were such a coin (or coins) to be done, there should be an acknowledgement of credit for those who are truly dedicated and paint the images on the coins.

But, this one is also good:

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

On the obverse side the House Logo ( Figmentius/Tabletop/Frogwarts/Procrastius) or if you're not in a House a Ma'alDrakar's heads.

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Obviously, there would have to be more than one. I'm suggesting a commemorative coin, one side with the reaper logo, the other with a kaiju wearing a hat :devil:

I believe the usual reward for winning a coin challenge is to have a drink bought for you. I know a lot of you would enjoy that, but how about someone buying you a bottle of paint? ::D:

I'd be ok with that!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, TGP said:

Still catching up...

I had to wait for inspiration from others to answer this one. Thanks to Crowley (I think it was the Haminister):

TV Actor: Star Trek franchise, Commodore Pendrake. I would be the CO of a group of ships, it would vary in size Episode to Episode, because I would be constantly detaching Science Vessels, Armed Bouy Tenders, Deep Space tugs. I would not get much screen time because my role would be to hand-off tasks to specific Captains  (unlike me, young handsome actresses/actors) and they would feature in each episode. My role would involve being grumpy and giving them the mission brief. Every now and then my triple nacelle command cruiser would turn up to potshot the odd Klingon D7 (bit of SPFX; hardly any screentime). 

Our never ending missions™️ would be to clean up the mess left by frontline Captains such as Tracey and Kirk. One week the flotilla would have the task of recovering the abandoned USS Exeter. The next week we’d be rescuing the remnants of the People of Vaul (between tribal warfare and the vicious uncontrolled weather endemic to their planet they’d be in a heap of trouble). The week after that we’d be trying to keep the former thralls of Triskelion safe from a flotilla of Orion Pirates and Slavers...

I have a vision of you as a Star Academy version of the desk sergeant in "Hill Street Blues": "Lets be careful out there, people."

• Like 6

On 8/1/2018 at 11:02 PM, redambrosia said:

Taking away the obligatory professional sports star I would probably go with astronaut as the idea of traveling to space is just too cool. That said, no complaints about my actual job, so I guess I got lucky there. :)

• Like 5

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

From our friend @klarg1:

Coin Design

Sophie obviously. But also the REAPER logo (the all CAPS one). So those two things on the obverse. 

The House logos are on the reverse. (As long as we are dreaming why not four different designs? :upside: ) Not sure I like the idea of a fifth coin. If there is gonna be a fifth coin it should have the sculptor/artists logo on it and be rare because it’s issued only to Reaper artists. 

Benefits

The coins are part of house membership. 

That free drinks (or bottle of paint) custom.

Coin holders who present their coin at Rcon registration receive the special challenge figure. (...kicks in second and subsequent years after the coins become a thing.)

Small discount at the factory retail store? (5% one item per visit..?)

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I would have to combine these three.  Sophie on front (giving a farewell hug to a hat wearing kaiju for the first one) on obverse with house logo (or faction logo) with crossed paintbrushes behind the logo.  It might get busy but somewhere put the four Kickstarter badges.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

The obverse and reverse should form both sides of a Sophie flat created from that year's ReaperCon Sophie art and the next year should include a category for painting Sophie flats.

The benefit is that you get a Sophie flat, of course. :B):

• Like 7

9 hours ago, redambrosia said:

From our friend @klarg1:

Heads: As mentioned by many others, a Sophie head shot.

She's a good, popular, likeable mascot here.

Tails: Speaking of mascots. @buglips*the*goblin on the opposite side.

Ironically, also a popular, likeable, yet not corporate, mascot. His side is also a Scratch-and-Sniff, IF YOU DARE! It may smell like strawberries. (Hint: It won't. Bring a bucket)

• Like 3
  • Haha 4