giyomuSan

giyomuSan messing up with clay

On 8/26/2018 at 2:19 AM, Rainbow Sculptor said:

Love the leaf shapes! You've got a really great silhouette going on and the textures are really bringing everything all together. Be sure to keep your overall silhouette/composition in mind as you add tentacles. Great job so far!!

@Rainbow Sculptor thanks, and yes need to take care about the tentacles not ruin the integrity of the rest. 

There will be mostly 3 , left/right side and back, as for back I may do something a bit different in shape rather than a tentacles..need to think about this.

For now I am going to get that one first and see if i like how it end up.

On 8/25/2018 at 4:06 AM, Morihalda said:

That's awesome!! You've had a huge improvement from your first photo and its new teeth! ::D:

@Morihalda haha thanks , yeah when I see the first pic I am somewhat happy with the way it turn out , thanks to @TaleSpinner and @Rainbow Sculptor for their advice along the road !

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lazarp
      So one of my players bought a hero forge 3d model and then printed it. I've based it, primed it and now I'm painting it in the color combination he requested. I have just finished the base layer (the goggles will be gold with green glass)
      Hope he's happy when it's finished :D

• By lazarp
      Hello everyone, I plan on crafting some blights out of polymer clay. Today I made the armatures out of copper wire and glue and pined them to some old 20mm bases. I plan on using fimo air polymer clay, decorative sand (maybe some rocks too), and a variety of dried tea leaves and spices. Then I will prime them using cheap spray paint and paint them using cheap acrylic paint. I hope they turn out nice. All kinds of tips, suggestion or criticism are welcome :D

• By giyomuSan
      Hi, ok so it seem having a long "put everything here" thread is not easy for moderator, I am opening a dedicated one for those WH40K orcs :)

I am done with the skin pass, obviously more details to go in with brush.
      going next to get the other parts base coated I think , so I can get an overview of the overall look and color for those guys ( for now it look very green xD )

• By dks
      The Mexican holiday Day of the Dead (Dia de Muertos) is coming up on November 2.

These are two figures that I sculpted for Reaper, albeit very slowly -- starting in November 2014 and ending in October 2016 (with long periods of inactivity, and other sculpting and painting projects along the way).
      Izzy "Talin" Collier drew the character designs:

Reaper sells them as "Day of the Dead Cavalier" and "Day of the Dead Duchess", DHL 03822 and 03823.
      If you search for them in Reaper's online store, don't use the words "of" or "the" because those words will blank out all results.  Just look for "day dead".
      (I refer to them as "Diego de Muertos" and "Diana de Muertos".)

At last, it is time to paint them. 
      I don't know whether I will use vibrant colors all over or mostly subdued (black / brown) with limited spots of color.
      I've done some online image-searches, watched the Pixar film "Coco", etc.
      The traditional flower of the holiday is marigolds (orange-yellow), so that color will be part of the palette.
      I think I will put them together on one base, but I also don't know how ambitious I'll be on the basing around them -- a bare cobblestone plaza, an altar (sugar skulls, ofrendas, etc.), or more extensive structures and hanging decorations.

My first step of painting is to work out the values with blends of Black and White Brush-On Primer:

Thanks for reading,
      Derek
    • By giyomuSan
      So I am reopening what will be a long and fun wip stuff :D hopefully !

For a start ( and to cut from my massive darkness dwarfs..actually still 3 to finish the serie I've got ), I have this nice Runewars Wraiths in my figures stock and that will be great opportunity to airbrush a bit !

And I just got them primed for now , using Vallejo grey primer..since they do have pretty light color regarding the box I did not want use any black for that part.

• Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)