Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

Pic-heavy Zeppelin Crew (feat. 59041: Deadlands Noir Patent Scientist)

The Patent Scientist is a fantastic sculpt; I fancy his invention is a spark-free welder. Useful aboard a flying bag of flammable gas! 

Bombshell's Betty is great as well, though I think they missed an opportunity in not calling her Diesel Liesel.

The others are a Space Dwarf from Black Cat and Murch's German Zeppelin Crewmen, whom I think of as Otto, Horst, Dieter, Hans, and Sparks. I love these fellas, muted colors notwithstanding. I could put a spot of glowing orange on the end of Kapitan Zwergfeld's cigar, but that would be irresponsible of the good captain!

Scales are mixed, but again, it's good for an airship to have a lightweight crew. 

DSCN4091.JPG

DSCN4095.JPG

DSCN4098.JPG

DSCN4099.JPG

DSCN4100.JPG

DSCN4102.JPG

DSCN4105.JPG

DSCN4104.JPG

DSCN4106.JPG

DSCN4107.JPG

DSCN4109.JPG

DSCN4111.JPG

DSCN4113.JPG

DSCN4115.JPG

DSCN4117.JPG

DSCN4119.JPG

• Like 13

Thanks, all! Next step  is using plumbers' tape to make some skeletonized girders for proper scenery/furnishings.

Any plans to build a Zeppelin or some sort of airship for them to crew? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TGP said:

Any plans to build a Zeppelin or some sort of airship for them to crew? 

I'm certainly planning some 2.5-D stuff for the cockpit and maybe part of a cargo hold!

I ran a zeppelin-centric Call of Cthulhu game a few times and used a blow-up of public domain blueprints: DSCN3717.thumb.JPG.515c4dcb8fd3c9ec20a2fdc80ad1df81.JPG

It would be ambitious but fun to build some short walls, windows, and hatches on there. 

Since the hold is mostly just a linear hallway with gantries above, outlining it with some girders  that show the sloping walls would jazz it up a bit.  

Here are some better views of parts of the gondola maps: 

DSCN3710.JPG

DSCN3712.JPG

DSCN3713.JPG

DSCN3714.JPG

DSCN3716.JPG

• Like 1