IgwanaRob

LTPK - MSP HD = ?

With the discontinuation of the HD line, what's going to happen to the Learn to Paint Kits? Granted it's only 3 paints in total, but are there plans to substitute or re-tool them? Also, are there any more kits coming out in the future?

• Like 1

Nothing will happen to them. 

There are HD paints in the two LTP Kits and the Starter Paint set, (08906, 08907, 09970)

Those colors we will continue production and absorb into the Bones Line of paint with new numbers eventually.

Currently, they will be labeled with both their old and new numbers for inclusion inthe kits until we get eh print materials and everything changed over.

RE: more kits: you never know what the future holds.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Does this mean we will see the rest of the HD line absorbed into Bones, or is that something that can't be commented on yet? 

• Like 4

Yes, inquiring minds want to know!

Especially before I buy all the HD's I don't already have just to find out they will be incorporated into the regular line.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Does this mean we will see the rest of the HD line absorbed into Bones, or is that something that can't be commented on yet? 

No.  We will not be absorbing the rest of the HD line into the Bones line.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

12 hours ago, DanH said:

Yes, inquiring minds want to know!

Especially before I buy all the HD's I don't already have just to find out they will be incorporated into the regular line.

Heh, I already went out and got the 16 I was missing!

Edited by IgwanaRob
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, IgwanaRob said:

I just ordered a full set.

(3 pistol cases, not the caddy set)

3 hours ago, IgwanaRob said:

I'm only missing 2 colors from the HD line. I thought about getting them, but I'm really liking the Bones colors and there are still a number of MSP paints that I've been eyeing for ages. Just ordered the Red Hair triad yesterday. 

• Like 1

Aside from the LTPK's, I got all my HD paints from my FLGS when it went out of business last year for 75% off - I ended up with just over 130 mostly Reaper paints (including one of the HD pistol cases). When I saw how relatively few of the HD line I was missing, I had no problems scooping them up. I do like the Bones paints that came with the layer up kit, but I'll pick more of those up when "needed" :p

Edited by IgwanaRob
  • Like 1

I am just hoping stuff like Dragon Blue and Dragon White get swapped over. With so many colors, I can't say I really need the whole HD line but some are quite nice. 

• Like 2

On 8/13/2018 at 12:32 PM, Cyradis said:

I am just hoping stuff like Dragon Blue and Dragon White get swapped over. With so many colors, I can't say I really need the whole HD line but some are quite nice. 

Dragon Blue is in the Core LTPK, so that's being transitioned over (already have a dupe, love this color). The only Dragon White I see is 09439, which is a Bones Paint stock number (IOW: it's already there).

Edited to add: They have updated the Core LTPK set since its original release. For example, I don't have Dragon White in my set as it's a Bones color and that line wasn't around with original release of the set (there's only 5 paints carried over between the Core LTPK versions it seems).

(Edited again to clarify previous edit)

Edited by IgwanaRob
  • Thanks 1

There are no duplicate paints between the two LTPK sets currently in production (Core Skills and Layer Up.). I designed them to work as both stand alone kits, and as a large size combo starter set, so there are no duplicate figures, paint colours, or brush types between them.

I think you mean that you have the set as originally released, and then it was updated to incorporate the Bones paint line? And that between the old core and new core set there are only five paints that are exactly the same. I just wanted to make a clarifying statement as the difference between the two sets is something people are often confused about and who knows who'll be reading this thread three years from now. :->

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

My guess is that they will. 

It wouldn't make sense not to do it.   

The paint is mixed in batches of 5gallons, which from my calculations would result in around 1200 bottles. 

That's a lot of paint to keep around just for the kits.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

The paint is mixed in batches of 5 gallons, which from my calculations would result in around 1200 bottles. 

That's a lot of paint to keep around just for the kits.   

3 gallon batches, not 5 which give us about 750 bottles  which is not a lot for the quantity of kits built in a week.

Yes, they will eventually be re-released for sale with their new numbering as individuals.

No information on the timeline for that.

• Like 7