Sign in to follow this  
Ducknuck84

77167: Ingrid

that's a nice miniature, very well balanced face.

And I was really tickled by the cartoon, especially the paint-smeared fingertips.(Especially as the painter seems to be a fellow southpaw.)

Edited by paintybeard
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Iridil said:

Great eyes - good job having her look at the gem!

I will take that as a complement because I did not plan it that just sort of came out that way  ::D:

• Like 2

Good work!  I share in your delight on the eyes and lips.  Nice to see how you picked out the details on her equipment, too.

Thanks for sharing, and good luck with your next figure!

Derek (sculptor of Ingrid)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dks said:

Good work!  I share in your delight on the eyes and lips.  Nice to see how you picked out the details on her equipment, too.

Thanks for sharing, and good luck with your next figure!

Derek (sculptor of Ingrid)

Thank You, for creating such a fun mini to paint.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kristof65
      Mwuahahahaha!!!!!!!!

So one of the central villains in my HS game club game are going to be a band of cultists worshiping an evil snake god.  I've been painting up the various Reaper Bones cultists to represent this group.  This info is unknown to the players yet, so I had a yelp of excitement and joy when I was reading the kid's PC backgrounds last night.  One of the PCs listed her estranged mother's profession as a "cultist".  Perfect tie in to the villain - but then I had a sad face when I realized this PC is a gnome, and thus her mother would be a gnome, too. 

So now I am on a quest to find a decent mini to represent a gnome (or halfling) cultist. 

Any suggestions? 
    • By 72moonglum
      So I'm working on a set of four, some Meta-Human Subtypes and got this one done first, a female gnome Rigger or Decker.  As always, so hard to decide on colors. When I think gnomes I think of either lots of colors or just nature colors, so went with some pretty strong bright shades I think, and blue hair with that cyberpunk vibe that Shadowrun has.  After this one, there's a male gnome, a cyclops and a hobgoblin with a mohawk, so hope to get those going soon as well.o

When I took her off the balsa wood base I paint my figures on, a little bit of the paint came off the back of the base I can see now, so I'll eventually touch that up.  This little lady is pretty small, a gnome lass in a 25 mm world, so she's not too big at all. If ever I remember I'll take a picture of her against a coin for reference.

• By MojoBob
      89023: Balazar, Iconic Summoner by Bobby Jackson

I assume this figure is meant to be a gnome; he's very short for a human, and he's lacking the beard of a dwarf.
      I find painting yellows and oranges very difficult. They tend to be colours with very low opacity, and getting an even coverage requires several coats.
    • By Iridil
      Here is part 2 of the LTP Layer up kit with Ingrid. I followed the instructions and then added a little bit extra for 'improvement' 

• By WhiteWulfe
      Every now and then, it's fun to give something new a try.  In this case, I had a spare Ingrid lying around since hubby didn't want to paint her, and this all started with me trying to show hubby how I do drybrushing...  Or at least attempt drybrushing, since I'm not all that good at it.  Thankfully, it helped him pick up the basics alongside what was written in the LTPK Core manual...

Then it turned into a downward, flaming spiral, but arguably, in this case, flaming is good. ^_^;;;;  I wondered, is it possible to drybrush an ENTIRE mini...  And even more so, can I do it with just FOUR paints, where two of them had technically already been chosen since I'd started on her cloak, AND none of them could technically be from the same colour group as another (so no reds if you have an orange or pink, etc)?  And even more so, using JUST the #2 flat brush I had picked out before for the drybrushing?

Well, uhmn....  First and foremost, it was fun, and that was the point of it all for me.  Just sit down, have fun, and see where things go.  In short, I'm calling it a draw - I've picked up on a few more things as basics to work from, and I'm fairly proud of that cape, doubly so since it wasn't anywhere near as long to do as other techniques.  Does it sell it as well as layering does?  Nope, but I'm okay with that!

Anyways, onwards to the results of some experimentation to see just what my own limits could be with such a technique, and what kind of colours I can come up with using just 9417 Void Blue, 9432 Desert Sand, 9600 Heart Throb Pink, and 29833 Ash Grey....  For the record, the two I had started with on the cape were Heart Throb pink as well as Ash Grey, since the Ash Grey was used to initially demonstrate what I was doing for drybrushing, and then the Heart Throb Pink was chosen as something that would very much so stand out so he could watch every stroke of the brush...  I wound up liking such, and so rolled forward to do the entire mini with drybrushing.  Oh, right, I'm not counting the primering of the mini, which was done with Grey Liner.... ~_^

The story I'm going with is that it's a cursed gem that steadily corrupts and takes over one's body and soul, and that she's pretty much completely overtaken by it...  Or something, as she's kind of a pink glowing eyed dusty grey skin coloured gnome now, with gear that hopefully looks fairly dated / well aged....
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)