72moonglum

Shadowrun Dwarven Mercenaries from Ral Partha

18 hours ago, Iridil said:

Nice job on the overcoats - and I love the eyebrows

Thanks much!  The male eyebrows were already thee, just have to fill them in with color, the girl's eyebrows however had to "invent".  I did them in walnut brown, and thought about going over them again with a lighter color, but I did that once with a certain female pirate and really didn't end up liking the results very well. 

17 hours ago, Warlady said:

They are both great!  You did a wonderful job on their faces.  I may have to look for those.

Thanks!  You can actually still get these two out at the Ral Partha /Iron Wind Metals web site.  For whatever reason, they've got a sale actually going on for Shadowrun these days, so the prices are pretty nice.

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Great job!

And you nailed the weapons.

Thanks Glitterwolf, I was worried about that because I really have never painted guns before. I suffer enough with metal swords, but with these being black metal, was hoping they'd turn out okay.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 72moonglum said:

Thanks much!  The male eyebrows were already thee, just have to fill them in with color, the girl's eyebrows however had to "invent".  I did them in walnut brown, and thought about going over them again with a lighter color, but I did that once with a certain female pirate and really didn't end up liking the results very well. 

Thanks!  You can actually still get these two out at the Ral Partha /Iron Wind Metals web site.  For whatever reason, they've got a sale actually going on for Shadowrun these days, so the prices are pretty nice.

Thanks Glitterwolf, I was worried about that because I really have never painted guns before. I suffer enough with metal swords, but with these being black metal, was hoping they'd turn out okay.

Most guns which are used for real combat are painted black.

One wouldn't like his position to be revealed by a shiny gun.

• Like 1

Moonglum,

You really nailed the colors and the weapons look great! I also struggle with swords on my figs, and it's nice to see that you and I have similar styles. 

I absolutely love the female's coat! The colors are subtle but still popped. 

I noticed on the the back of the male's coat that you didn't  highlight the tail end. I've been doing that on my figs, but it always make me wonder if that's the best approach.  Your impressive darklining really makes the transition work, and I'm tempted to try your way.

Its great that someone is showing love for the older Partha figs. They had a certain charm, and you do a superb job bringing it out. I am currently finishing a pair of Partha gnolls from 1984 for my next game. They are made out of lead, a rare, seldom used now metal that was more common in that era, when the world knew the riddle of lead.

They had a bit of lead rot being so old!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Most guns which are used for real combat are painted black.

One wouldn't like his position to be revealed by a shiny gun.

Makes sense, thanks for the tip!  I was trying to decide if they needed to be black or chrome colored, with your explanation though, I'm glad I did them in black. I also ended up pulling up "shotgun" on the World Wide Web, and they were mostly black as well. I thought about doing the shotgun originally in chrome and the machine gun and pistol in black, but then got lazy and wanting to finish did them all in black.

37 minutes ago, Madog Barfog said:

Moonglum,

You really nailed the colors and the weapons look great! I also struggle with swords on my figs, and it's nice to see that you and I have similar styles. 

I absolutely love the female's coat! The colors are subtle but still popped. 

I noticed on the the back of the male's coat that you didn't  highlight the tail end. I've been doing that on my figs, but it always make me wonder if that's the best approach.  Your impressive darklining really makes the transition work, and I'm tempted to try your way.

Its great that someone is showing love for the older Partha figs. They had a certain charm, and you do a superb job bringing it out. I am currently finishing a pair of Partha gnolls from 1984 for my next game. They are made out of lead, a rare, seldom used now metal that was more common in that era, when the world knew the riddle of lead.

They had a bit of lead rot being so old!

Thanks Madog!

With the male's coat, I was picking up the highlights I think mostly along the spots where the coat folded in, but then I didn't flare the highlights out towards the bottom. Who knows why I do the things I do sometimes?

Old figures are my favorites, so you'll just keep seeing them in the near future at least, with a sprinkling of Reaper and Stonehaven thrown in there.  When you get done with your gnolls, you really need to show them off, will be looking forward to seeing them!

Yeah, lead, I've still got a handful of old, lead figures, some which has seen better days than others!

I haven't photographed any of my models since I slowly started up again last year. I've moved a few times, and lost the camera I used to use, plus my website Hacklopedia.com, where I kept my gallery, no longer exists except from archive.com.

However, my fiancé has a nice camera that should work and I recently found my backdrop. Don't get too excited, though.

I doubt I'll ever post the gnolls - they are just a couple of quick mooks for an upcoming battle. I'm more proud of a trio of Reaper's pirates - I just need to clearcoat the last one. Maybe I'll learn how to work the new camera and go from there. Be patient.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Madog Barfog said:

I haven't photographed any of my models since I slowly started up again last year. I've moved a few times, and lost the camera I used to use, plus my website Hacklopedia.com, where I kept my gallery, no longer exists except from archive.com.

However, my fiancé has a nice camera that should work and I recently found my backdrop. Don't get too excited, though.

I doubt I'll ever post the gnolls - they are just a couple of quick mooks for an upcoming battle. I'm more proud of a trio of Reaper's pirates - I just need to clearcoat the last one. Maybe I'll learn how to work the new camera and go from there. Be patient.

Not to worry, no hurry, but when you do get around to taking pictures, post them here on the Reaper Show Off section. What happened to you old site? Did you just let it go to abandon?