Reaper Justin

Hello Everyone!

As the title suggests, I wanted to say Hello to everyone, I am Justin the staff video/content creator and Photographer.

I wanted to make a post introducing myself and to open a dialogue about future videos we may be in the process of making!

Please if you would, post any suggestions on this thread as to things you feel as if we could do better, or what sort of content YOU guys want to see next!

Thanks for being an awesome fan base and I look forward to hearing from everybody!

-Reaper Justin

• Like 20

Nice to meet you Justin. 

How about a video or two explaining some of the different kinds of paint products Reaper makes, and possibly even demonstrating their uses. You could talk about Bones Ultra-Colors, MSP, liners, washes, inks, clears, MSP metallics vs Bones metallics, pearl, and additives. I'm not saying to cover everything. Just throwing out some suggestions. I've seen a lot of people ask questions about different paint lines, additives and types of paints. It might be helpful to have a video link for them. Sort of a FAQ about Reaper paint. 

If that topic is too challenging, how about a video with suggestions on how to paint large figures with brushes. I've seen a lot of videos suggesting to use an airbrush, but that isn't an option for most painters. Advice about what kinds and sizes of brushes work well for large dragon wings or terrain like the mausoleum would be great. Techniques on shading or blending on those big surfaces with brushes would also be useful. 

• Like 11

We actually have a few paint video ideas being tossed around the studio, none like those though. I appreciate the suggestion, any sort of content our audience wants to see is what we'll prioritize. I especially like the idea of a detailed large mini painting demonstration. 

Thank you Coralline! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Based on questions I see over and over again, a video explaining some of the frequently asked questions about painting Bones would be great.  

I do love the videos Reaper did leading up to ReaperCon that tied into the classes, as well as the videos & painting guides for the new Dungeon Dwellers, but probably there are people looking for more beginner-focused topics.  

• Like 5

Suggestion! 

Move this broadcast subset into the Reaper topics, instead of the Craft Corner :)

• Like 5

Cheers, Justin!

Outstanding work on the Video Series so far. Each episode is professional in presentation as well as content, even with the outtakes. Sound is crisp and clear, and the sparing use of sound effects work well with dialogue. The focus is on the discussion,  not the miniatures, so the small box to view minis is appreciated,  as is blowing it up to see painted figures, detail, etc. Titling is great too. Glad to see it get done and into the vids. Professional work. (I have a Certificate.) Keep it up.

Keep on doing what you are doing. The insight into the Production process of miniatures has made me a weekly viewer/listener. (I listen while painting, unless Ron says to pay attention then I look to see what he is describing.)

I look forward to what you do with Anne Forester's painting show. Her charisma and ease of teaching plus your film eye: Reaper will catapult to top of the pops on YouTube. And it's FREE. Looking forward to seeing this in 2019.

Words manifest your reality. You are professionals. To say otherwise is a misnomer.

Gratitude for you and your Team's hard work. The average viewing time on YouTube is 2 hours. You are on the right track. Keep it up and keep raising the bar. 

Happy Holiday to you and yours, from me and mine.

Peace and blessings.

• Like 2

I like what I've seen so far. 

Here's a possible suggestion for you to build a bigger following and build brand awareness outside of mini painters - How about some videos of @ReaperWolf (I think that's who it is) running some of his Dreadmere one shot scenarios for some Reaper Folk? 

Among many D&D fans, shows like Critical Role and Adventure Zone are hugely popular these days.  While I don't think that Reaper needs to commit to a full campaign series like Critical Role, a couple of Dreadmere themed one shots might prove a great way to build Reaper and ReaperCon awareness among people discovering D&D and RPGs.  I find myself in shock at the number of people on the D&D FB groups who don't even know about Reaper when they're looking for miniatures, so it seems a great place to expend some marketing effort. 

• Like 2

Hello Justin (& everyone else working on them),

Great work on the videos so far! I've really been enjoying them. Is the eventual plan to separate the Reaper ToolBox segments out into another form somewhere?

I'm asking because the first one (in Reaper Live #010) seems like a great tip for covering a bunch of metal quickly. I'm worried about being able to find these later when I want to refer to them while painting.

Thanks!

• Like 4

I truly enjoy the videos, I would suggest using "Sir Scalealot" on the base occasionally to show different mini size comparisons. Also, we CAV minis would be nice to be seen.

• Like 2

Hello all! I hope you're having a great end of the year to 2018, I wanted to pop in here and say thanks for each and every suggestion. I read every single one, even if there isn't direct acknowledgement for each suggestion. We've grown a lot in the last few months with our videos and we hope you guys are enjoying and going to continue to enjoy all the hard work we're putting in to give Reaper a presence on YouTube. As an update we do still have some more Reaper Toolbox videos in the works (Micheal Proctor shows us some stuff as an example), we also will be separating those videos as individual videos view-able at your leisure and quick access in the future; we hope you will all still watch our Reaper Live series though!

Thanks again for being great and for helping shape our content!

Don't forget to tune in on Thursdays at 6pm CST! And share it with any and all who would enjoy seeing it!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much for splitting out the new Reaper Toolbox video Reaper Justin! That'll make it much easier to search in the future.

• Like 2