Amazing!  I was just thinking about trying to hunt around on Ebay for an Ertl "Farm & Country" farmhouse for a wild west scenario (which, incidentally, would be on the small side at 1:64), but after seeing your work, I feel like, wow, why should I settle for THAT when I (in theory) could try to build something more like this?  :D  Very inspiring!  What did you make the little balcony posts out of?

• Like 3

Thanks for the kind words. :)

the he posts I actually got pre made. The are Banisters for some stairs. This and most of the plants are the only things I bought. 

• Like 3

That is a BEAUTYWONDERFULLY crafted, painted, & based. I love the railing on the upper level.

When they were available, wooden coffee stirrers figured into a lo of what I did..shingles mostly.

VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KruleBear said:

The weathered red paint looks awesome. 

Thank you!

5 hours ago, malefactus said:

That is a BEAUTYWONDERFULLY crafted, painted, & based. I love the railing on the upper level.

When they were available, wooden coffee stirrers figured into a lo of what I did..shingles mostly.

VERY WELL DONE!

Thank you.  I think if I was to do the shingles again I would do them slightly different.  I would sand the ends.  It would be more work but think the look would be more realistic which is what I try to do in all my work. :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dargrin said:

... I think if I was to do the shingles again I would do them slightly different.  I would sand the ends.  It would be more work but think the look would be more realistic which is what I try to do in all my work. :)

That is something I have considered also. The sanding might take some time, but the results would be more appealing.

On newer roofs, I have been using air dry polymer clay. It works nicely & looks good...it is also delightfully messy.

• Like 3

I never used the clay.  My experiences with clay have been poor at best.  I think I will stick with crappy roofs. :)

Great work on a very cool building!

It looks more than a little creepy, too...

• Like 2