Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 7 picture/chatter thread

@Glitterwolf  Looks like you got a good haul!  I don't have any wolf dragons or I might have tried parting with one... 

Looks like you got some useful pieces.  be sure to eventually post the dimetrodon when you paint it.  I have one for sentimental reasons:  it was the 3 word my younger son said. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

@Glitterwolf  Looks like you got a good haul!  I don't have any wolf dragons or I might have tried parting with one... 

Looks like you got some useful pieces.  be sure to eventually post the dimetrodon when you paint it.  I have one for sentimental reasons:  it was the 3 word my younger son said. 

That's cool!

I always post my work, so the Dimetrodon will also get a show off when done.

Actually Dimetrodon is my favorite prehistoric animal.

It is not a Dinosaur, it pre dates the Dinosaurs by tens of millions of years!

He lived during the Permian.

It is a Synpopsid and there were many different kinds differing in size.

The large ones even ate sharks.

A while ago I bought the Schleich toy version, that will be a huge one, and I will repaint it as well.

The Ral Partha one is awesome!

Small, but beautiful!

It will get a nice base to go with it and I will paint it soon!

Dimetrodon_species2DB15.jpg

The Ral Partha one will make a cool Dimetrodon Milleri or Natalis or Teutonis.

The Schleich one will be a Angelensis or Grandis.

Here is the toy version, I want to repaint it.

DSCN9427.JPG.9ee01068e6164e887140e5e027b15a28.JPGDSCN9428.JPG.937972e40282b02c7fdeaee9adbee962.JPG

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 11

Still nothing from anyone in the CHAOS WOLF group? :(

CHAOS WOLF

Ratmaster 2000

Marsya

IzzyLobo

Marc

AutumnHare

Froggy the Great

CHAOS WOLF

• Sad 2

One of my son's first sentences was from out of the blue.  He was a little slow getting around to speaking (I fully believe it was because his older brother talked so much...) and as parents we were a little nervous. Then his grand mother was reading to him from one of the dinosaur books and said "look at the pretty dinosaur"  He pipes up at age 2 with "The Dimetrodon is not a dinosaur, its a Permian proto-mammal."  Needless to say, we didn't worry much about his development after that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

2 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

One of my son's first sentences was from out of the blue.  He was a little slow getting around to speaking (I fully believe it was because his older brother talked so much...) and as parents we were a little nervous. Then his grand mother was reading to him from one of the dinosaur books and said "look at the pretty dinosaur"  He pipes up at age 2 with "The Dimetrodon is not a dinosaur, its a Permian proto-mammal."  Needless to say, we didn't worry much about his development after that. 

Your son was wiser at age 2 then many adults at least on this topic!

Awesome!

3 minutes ago, Marc said:

CHAOS WOLF

Ratmaster 2000

Marsya

IzzyLobo

Marc

AutumnHare

Froggy the Great

CHAOS WOLF

•  

@Chaoswolf I think you might want to take a look at this?

4 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Not to go too off topic, but we had the same situation in my family. According to my parents, I did not start speaking at the usual time, as I had a big sister who did all the talking for us both. My mother took me to the doctor scared there was something very wrong, and he assured her that it was because of my talkative sister, and that he was sure I’d be talking just fine sooner or later.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Marc said:

Chaoswolf was trying to get a replacement box together last week.  

• Like 3

On 10/23/2018 at 12:27 PM, Lidless Eye said:

A Nothic pops up in the 5E intro adventure and has really increased the trade value of that piece.  They did another version in the newer pre-paint line but it is also rare and pricey.

Yah that adventure (currently being ran for my AL game on Mondays) is what got me looking for the mini in the first place.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

The Indiana home for wayward metal dragons welcomes old and tired dragons of all metals and paint jobs to rest their weary wings among their friends and co dragons.  Eventually, they even get painted...

(Just sayin...  I might have a problem with dragons.)  I still have the original circle of Grenadier dragons I painted when I was in high school.  they are pretty embarrassing as a paint job but they do remind me just how long I have been at this.  they have also served twice to make a bunch of PCs squirm as they had to explain themselves to the united council of dragons on charges of egg trafficking and violating an interspecies treaty.

You can never have too many dragons, painted or otherwise!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Not to go too off topic, but we had the same situation in my family. According to my parents, I did not start speaking at the usual time, as I had a big sister who did all the talking for us both. 

I did this to my little sister.  But then, once she started talking, she wouldn't shut up!  Her nickname became Charley Chatter. 

@Disserrma - any luck getting to the Post office this week? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Disserrma said:

Ended up needing to wait til payday, so should go out tomorrow.

I hate when that happens :poke:

No worries.

• Like 3

While we are waiting on new pics from new arrivals, this guy was my favorite. A troll warrior. I think he will be in my ogre army, or as a protector/adopted father to a female npc. 

No disprespect to the silver dragon I got who is also really cool. 

B4EF9B43-F171-4714-A9EE-234F461E2BCB.jpeg

8E4ECD4B-351E-4624-A153-6323DF1D52E4.jpeg

• Like 13

30 minutes ago, Clearman said:

Is that base as deep as it looks?  What brand is it?

It looks like a Wrath of Kings base.  They are really deep

Edited by NecroMancer
  • Like 3