Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 7 picture/chatter thread

26 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

It looks like a Wrath of Kings base.  They are really deep

It is a Wrath of Kings Base. CMON. I think they use the same bases for their other (dying or Dead) metal mini game. But Yeah. I used different bases for my WoK so I have a bunch of these spare.

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 2

Just went through the Inarah box and made my initial picks. By tonight I should have my contribution ready and may even post a picture of my final selections from the box.

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Rat13 said:

Just went through the Inarah box and made my initial picks. By tonight I should have my contribution ready and may even post a picture of my final selections from the box.

Yea!!!!!

• Like 3

Didn't actually think I'd take anything from this box but I was wrong. I certainly didn't expect to see any GW figures or bits but they were in there so I grabbed a few.20181026_231344.thumb.jpg.b57969f3e18e0f6b54a4c27717f7e9ab.jpg

I ended up with quite the mish mash of figures from the box. Though I picked up a lot of good figures the pick of the day has to be the large sci-fi toy in the back. With the base reading Fox 2004 I'm thinking it's a colonial marine but can't be sure. Probably won't attempt to paint it but that goofy guy is definitely destined to sit atop my tool caddy, forever pointing skyward.20181026_231538.thumb.jpg.525de04833dbf364cb6a90341b285042.jpg

I also grabbed some of the assorted basing materials from the box but forgot to take a picture before packing it up with the rest of my basing flock and whatnot. 

• Like 11

Great stuff.

It's important for the bugs to spread to new locations...  let the infestation continue!:lol:

• Like 2

I looked through several times and pulled out quite a bit but also added quite a bit back. Will hopefully have this moving by Wednesday.

1027181941.thumb.jpg.35e3b2d2e240fec8ec80b34c10e486ce.jpg1027181943.thumb.jpg.940bbd2915e34342b41460812336058a.jpg

15406948206454752481389433128687.thumb.jpg.f7d5a917beff8c9084ad070f77501647.jpg

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 9
  • Confused 1

On 10/24/2018 at 9:04 PM, Inarah said:

Chaoswolf was trying to get a replacement box together last week.  

This.

It's together and will hit the post office tomorrow. I'm very sorry about the terrible lateness; work and personal stuff have been a bit a bear this month.

• Like 7

Finally getting orf me arf and posting pics of what I took.

Both Aard_Rynn and Spawn Number One also took things from the box, but I didn't have an opportunity to take pics: Spawn Number One took a ReaperCon 2018 Swag Bag bag and Paint Cup, two t-pin paint pokers, a couple of sanding sticks and a handful of Bones, while Aard took a small modern/post-apoc vignette of a sniper and his spotter crouched behind a car door (I really wish I'd taken it now, but I was never going to paint it...), as well as a metal dog mini.

I removed a couple of things from the box that I'd put in in an earlier round when the box crossed my path, since they were both rather bulky and didn't seem to be of interest to anyone - a bag of off-sized wooden bases and a 3-inch resin statue of a dragon on a motorcycle...

Spoiler

IMG_7888.JPG.fc3d76ac0c2a0968c4b0e43e961bf889.JPG

(If anyone wants the dragon statue, let me know...)

The things I picked out were a blister of Ral Partha 13-034 Harpies and an old-school Reaper 01522 Axeman, a Bones skeleton and what appear to be two Clix superhero females, a harpy/gargoyle and some sort of ogre-thing that may have been a Mage Knight figure (which no longer has a head since I grabbed it to put the horns on the Clix lady in red), some random plastic figures (I grabbed the dark guy for his shield, and the other one will be getting a shield swap with the bits shield), some bits (shield, gun, spear), a metal spiky guy whose counterpart I grabbed from this box the last time it crossed paths with me, a Grenadier female halfling (part of a set) and a Ral Partha thief w/sword and dagger, some sanding sticks and a bottle of MSP 09601 Ashen Rose...

Spoiler

IMG_7889.JPG.71fb087398a954bcf5ca420a3ff142da.JPG

IMG_7884.JPG.e4619a61fa213923caba08270e01c870.JPG

IMG_7887.JPG.d0e31c0a886da92d164b5a03ccbc0dbf.JPG

IMG_7886.JPG.256d51fcac4aaf0e5845458938bc27fd.JPG

As for what I put in the box, Rat13 already pulled out some of it - the two Grenadier skellies in the front row of his pic, the seated serpentfolk and the Reaper guy with the big hammer in the back, which was one of the ReaperCon 2018 faction figures...

The rest of what I put in is classified Double Black Top Secret*, lol.

* Well, okay, not Top SecretTM, but there may be another TSR intellectual property involved...)

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 13

Dark Shield guy was a Mage Knight Wraith with his sword pillaged and a Mantic Zed Head.

Clix ladies are Man-Killer and one of the Crossgen heroes.

Harpy is a Heroclix Fury with a Dark Eldar head.

Hornguy is a Mage Knight Orc Death Knight.

Or was, I suppose.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

I removed a couple of things from the box that I'd put in in an earlier round when the box crossed my path, since they were both rather bulky and didn't seem to be of interest to anyone - a bag of off-sized wooden bases and a 3-inch resin statue of a dragon on a motorcycle...

Hide contents

IMG_7888.JPG.fc3d76ac0c2a0968c4b0e43e961bf889.JPG

(If anyone wants the dragon statue, let me know...)

The things I picked out were a blister of Ral Partha 13-034 Harpies and an old-school Reaper 01522 Axeman, a Bones skeleton and what appear to be two Clix superhero females, a harpy/gargoyle and some sort of ogre-thing that may have been a Mage Knight figure (which no longer has a head since I grabbed it to put the horns on the Clix lady in red), some random plastic figures (I grabbed the dark guy for his shield, and the other one will be getting a shield swap with the bits shield), some bits (shield, gun, spear), a metal spiky guy whose counterpart I grabbed from this box the last time it crossed paths with me, a Grenadier female halfling (part of a set) and a Ral Partha thief w/sword and dagger, some sanding sticks and a bottle of MSP 09601 Ashen Rose...

Hide contents

Nice choices!  I like the harpies and the spiky dude (reminds me of a character my son likes to play in dark souls...

If your dragon friend is lost or feeling alone, the Indiana house of wayward dragons provides room and eventual painting to him and all his brethren ::D:

Sort of reminds me of one of the prtagenists from nice dragons finish last...  needs feathers though.

• Like 3

Ooh, Mad Jack pulled out a lasgun, affectionately referred to as a "flashlight" by WH40K players.  The pistol version is usually called a "mini flashlight". 

That spear also looks distinctly familiar, but I can't quite tell why.  Feels like it's from Warhammer Fantasy Battles though... 

Also, nice looking hauls! 

• Like 3