Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 7 picture/chatter thread

16 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

So its a little to late for this now but I have a question about the BoGW.  

If you see a person before you is a painter that you really like is it inappropriate to ask them to put in a painted mini for you?  Like one they don't use for gaming or is one they dont mind separating from?

Just for future reference. 

That's probably a little beyond the scope of what we're going for here.

The quarterly mini exchanges are probably a better choice for that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, for the folks in my box ( @Marsya, @Thes Hunter, @Ratmaster2000, @izzylobo, @Froggy the Great, @Marc, @AutumnHare ) is there any interest in doing a group paint miniature?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

That's probably a little beyond the scope of what we're going for here.

The quarterly mini exchanges are probably a better choice for that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, for the folks in my box ( @Marsya, @Thes Hunter, @Ratmaster2000, @izzylobo, @Froggy the Great, @Marc, @AutumnHare ) is there any interest in doing a group paint miniature?

I'd prefer not to this time, I cannot even get to my work table:(  If everyone else does, I can make a small space somewhere:)

• Like 2

Wow, @Clearman; this is an amazing box!    Spent a while going through last night, and will have to re-sort today after sleeping on my first round choices.... Perhaps the most I’ve ever taken from a single BOGW!   There really is a little of everything!

• Like 6

@Kangaroorex I'm next after you in the circuit.

Question, it normally takes about a week or two from USA to me, unless customs wants to play with it first.

I have no idea how fast this all goes.

I'm on vacation between September 26 and October 3rd.

Maybe you can hold that box just long enough to make sure it gets here when I return instead of during my vacation?

The average time each person on the circuit has the box is 4-6 days plus shipping between.  My guess would that it will be after 10/3 before Roonis in a position to send. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clearman said:

The average time each person on the circuit has the box is 4-6 days plus shipping between.  My guess would that it will be after 10/3 before Roonis in a position to send. 

Perfect!

I always find these BOGW boxes so much fun!

It's the whole "I don't know what to expect" thing!

I love seeing pics of what people took.

And I can put stuff in I accidently acquired somehow... it happens...sometimes...quite often...all the time...

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

So, for the folks in my box ( [REDACTED] ) is there any interest in doing a group paint miniature?

Honestly I have a hard enough time getting to the post office, so another delaying factor would be counterproductive.

• Like 4

With Hurricane Florence coming in fast, we may have some delays.  I asked @Inarah if they could hold off a few days, as I'm outside the path of the storm but the rains and winds may cause damage or rerouted packages.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

Honestly I have a hard enough time getting to the post office, so another delaying factor would be counterproductive.

Yeah, pretty much this. By the time it gets to me, I will (hopefully) be neck-deep in "new job acclimation rush", so....

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

@Kangaroorex I'm next after you in the circuit.

Question, it normally takes about a week or two from USA to me, unless customs wants to play with it first.

I have no idea how fast this all goes.

I'm on vacation between September 26 and October 3rd.

Maybe you can hold that box just long enough to make sure it gets here when I return instead of during my vacation?

Can do.  If the box shows up at the end of the month, i will hold onto it until you are close to getting home.

I should be home through the 15th so there is no conflict on my end.  Who knows an Idaho spud or a cherry Wammo may sneak in too...

Worked a 13 hour startup today.  I'll feel jelouse about a 2 week vacation tomorrow!

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 1

Forgot the box at home as I headed to work. So box is going out tomorrow instead.

• Like 4

On 9/12/2018 at 11:22 PM, Ratmaster2000 said:

I'd prefer not to this time, I cannot even get to my work table:(  If everyone else does, I can make a small space somewhere:)

Yeah, I think I'd rather concentrate on getting the box from one eager person to the next :)

• Like 2

Ok, no sweat. I'm going to try to get my box moving tomorrow, but I have to work, so it may wait until Monday.

• Like 1

I forgot the box on the floor at my office. On the plus side, 2 extra days to clean up my stuff and populate the box some more. :D

• Like 3