Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
[Warning: lots of images incoming]
Next up on my table are the miniatures from Cerebria: The Inside World, a boardgame from Mindclash Games in which the forces of Bliss and Gloom vie for control of an evolving personality.
I'm going to try to do these two at a time (one from each team); the first two will be Harmony and Malice.
Session 1 - prime + zenithal highlight
With the airbrush, I did base+shading of the wings and base of the body. Colors used:
- Twilight Blue
- Snow Shadow
- Surf Aqua
- Violet Light
- Sunset Purple
- Maggot White
For malice, I'm starting with the NMM-bronze-ish body. I base coated with Khaki Shadow, then used Ghoul Skin and Moldy Skin for initial highlighting. Shadows are Woodstain Brown and NMM Gold Shadow (which I am not that fond of for Gold, but seems to work well here). Any other color recommendations? I finished up the session with basing the skirt in Redstone.
So my lovely bride got me an airbrush setup for Christmas, and I played with it for the first time last night. Over all, it worked out ok, but left me with some questions that the Airbrushing: The Compendium thread didn't answer:
1. I "prime" my Bones with Brown Liner. When I tested on some Orcs last night, this seemed to work pretty decently. But given the hydrophobic nature of Bones, I didn't thin the Brown liner at all at first, then started adding a bit of water. It definitely seemed to help with the spraying as I thinned it, but I was worried about it beading up. So how do you deal with that on the first layer on Bones minis?
2. how do you guys tack down your smaller Bones minis to prime with an airbrush? I found that that the pressure (around 18-20psi) was blowing the orcs all over the place, which led me to having to prime them individually, which defeated the purpose of being able to do a bunch at once.
3. I got a sample bottle of the Stylenz primer at ReaperCon - I tried it on some CAVs, but it just beaded up. Was that an issue with me and the airbrush, or just an issue with Stylenz and Bones?
As my first airbrush attempt on the Roman centurio was halted by the fact that the figure is so small, I decided to use a different figure, which would be ... bigger.
So in Japan I got me a number of garage kits. One of them was a figure of a nun or mage (I don't know the figure, so I have no idea) and as it was some kind of a miscast or so, I got it for the cheap price of around 6 Euro.
She's big enough to do some airbrush work. And as I want to train airbrushing, I don't want to ruin my first attempt by choosing wrong colours or too difficult painting concepts.
Therefore: YOU CAN CHOOSE THE COLOURS!
NO! I really mean it! Gimme some colours, people.
Oh, yeah - That's the figure:
Finished Cthulhu on Saturday, I think I'm learning to overcome my fear of highlighting too far, I still didn't go as light as people said I should. Some say you can go practically to white, but I am very hesitant to try that. I think I've made progress though. C&C welcome!
Harsh Lighting, to show detail----
And WIP thread if anyone is interested...
Who's Online 38 Members, 0 Anonymous, 143 Guests (See full list)
- Boris Khan
- Rob Dean
- Godfather Punk
- Doug Sundseth
- Lidless Eye
- Pezler the Polychromatic