Sign in to follow this  
Metalchaos

77233, Kegg Bugbear Hunter

You have done it again! The Big Furry Guy is as WONDERFULLY painted as his predecessors. The ax is a particularly striking piece of metalwork. VERY WELL DONE!

Thanks for the Group Protrait. The Lads look EVEN BETTER en masse.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your comments everyone. @CorallineAlgae the technique is used to paint these guy's armor is really simple, I used metallic paints, The base coats are honed steel and bronze, then I apllied a quiq agrax earthshade let it dry and applied a reikland fleshshade wash.

Here are two more picture of the Bugbear Warband.

1841269840_Bugbears02.thumb.jpg.4702f67c7cd595bdcc7da44974f2efb2.jpg

331090446_Bugbears03.thumb.jpg.5b4c864e3d0a832f37805122ae5d02cd.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sarducci
      Continuing my paint up of all the bosses in the Forge of Fury, here is Kavorgh, painted up to be the Orc Wight Champion.  My first time playing with a light box to get better pictures too :)

• By GodOfCheese
      This bones mini came attached to a rectangular base, like a coffin-top. The base was larger than a standard grid, so I chopped it off and stuck the mini on this base instead.  I figured it would give her a fun windswept look, like she was glaring down at the battlefield from a height.  :-)

The TMM globbed in a strange way on this mini that wasn't obvious to the naked eye.  I'm wondering if some of this is glare...?

Next problem: the base made her too tall to fit into my miniature storage...

• By Adrift
      Here are 8 of my 16 Bones orcs. I cut each figure off of their broccoli base and used my Basius basing pads to create custom bases. Additionally, I did some kit-bashing with plastic weapons from the Bones 3 Kickstarter.

I swapped the two-handed sword from the Orc Berserker for an axe which I envisioned him taking from an elf or dwarf.
      For the Orc Hunter, I cut off his spear and swapped out a mace and dagger combo since I felt like he could pull off a rogue look. 

In my DND world, 90% of orcs are olive green skinned, and 10% are of a subrace known as Dreadnaught Orcs. This breed of orc has purple-hued skin tones due to magical enhancement by mages from a long-forgotten war. They're smarter, tougher, and have innate magical abilities.

I went for a variety of skin tones to try and make them look more unique. 

Orc Stalker 77051
      Orc Berserker 77059
      Orc Marauder 77042
      Orc Chopper 77431
      Orc Slicer 77432
      Orc Hunter 77045
      Orc Sniper 77056
      Kavorgh, Orc Warboss 77064

• By Crimson_king_of_the_tower
      Ok I don't do that many WIPs but I thought I'd try on this one. This is so far a base coat and 6 layers of shading. I like to use glazes so the build up is very gradual and I have to remember that everytime I start a mini lol. I will put down about 10 more layers going down all the way to a deep purple. This is at the pure tanned skin shadow phase. It will be slow going due to work but I will keep up with it. Comments and criticism welcome and before it gets mentioned I removed no mold lines this is more of a proof of concept to see if I can finish a wip post and how my skin painting is coming along. Thanks! 

• By Evilhalfling
      In response to a local club challenge, I painted this dwarf in 3 colors chosen by a computer program.
      written by @SirLarpsAlot

Golden Yelllow, Winter Blue and Leather Brown + B&W 

edit, I do need to fix that eye... 

• Who's Online   26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)