Sign in to follow this  
jsalyers

Ludo is painting on Live Stream while driving to ReaperCon.

This turned out GREAT actually. He even entered the mini into the MSP Open! (though it was just a Gesture since he already had other entries...)

Here is the final product!

40371617_1110151075807164_7321071892641611776_n.jpg

40377679_1110151102473828_9200704659755368448_n.jpg

• Like 6

Next year everyone traveling should attempt this!  On the plane...while waiting for the plane...in a car...on a boat...with a goat...etc...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By odinsgrandson
      Here is our current adventuring party for Iron Kingdoms.  We started a new campaign shortly after Reapercon, so I was able to make use of several of the convention minis.
      This party is quite an odd mix of races.  Lately, I've been quite fond of having a semi-cohesive color pallet for our adventuring parties.  The last one I did was all in cold blues, so with this one I went for a very warm pallet.

Lil is an investigator who 'secretly' is a Thamar Advocate.  She's just the stock mini of the vampire hunter from Reapercon (by Bob Ridolfi)

This Pygmie Troll is very fond of hitting things and also alcohol.  He was made by resculpting the head and hands from the Jason Weibe's Dwarf Brewmaster (07015)

Our resident Bone Grinder was made from Bobby Jackson's River Widow (03913).  I only made superficial changes to her (adding a few extra bone-grindy items to her belt).
      ]

For our Trollkin Axe Flinger, it turns out that we already had the perfect mini.  This is the version from the Undercity Board Game.

This Outcast Skorne Bushwacker/Warlock was made by simply head swapping a Malifaux rifleman.

This Lazy Cyclopes (under the command of the Warlock) was a sculpt that I made quite a few years ago.  I showed it off to several sculptors at Gencon, and they all gave me some pointers on things that I could improve on.  Still, I was fond enough of him that I decided to paint him up.

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

International Mini Painting Month - Day 7

Kev!
    • By Magma
      Last night I took a painting lesson from a friend who happens to have won many awards for mini painting and this year won Grand Master in Lock and Load 2018. So for the model of choice we choose to paint the Reapercon Sophie. We both painted one and this is what I ended up with.
      First model I have painted fully in maybe 10 years.

Gothic Sophie.

• By Adrift
      I thought this year would be my last ReaperCon. Somewhere along the line, I forgot the joy of speed painting and just painting miniatures for tabletop quality that I can use for gaming, etc. Somewhere along the line miniature painting became something that had to 'wow' or be appropriate for competition.

I rediscovered my love of miniature painting at the Speed Painting, Sophie Says, and Paint by Die Roll tables at ReaperCon 2018; having 45-60 minutes to paint a miniature was such an exhilarating challenge and I present to you my fun!!!

Barnabus the pirate was a Paint by Die Roll.
      Esme was a Speed Paint.
      Judas was a Sophie Says. 
      Michelle was a Speed Paint.
      Ogre was a Paint by Die Roll.
      Sekhmet was a Paint by Die Roll.
      Trista was a Sophie Says.

• By dks
      Reaper released a new miniature for each of the 4 factions at ReaperCon this year. 
      This was the release that represented the River Widows: a woman and a big axolotl, both sculpted by Bobby Jackson.
      (I figured that "Cailleach" was Gaelic but I didn't know how to say it.  A web-search says it is like "Kal-ee-akh".  The diphthong "ai" is the sound in our word "pal", not "pile".)
      I put both figures on one 30mm round base, with a tree stump that I sculpted for her to stand on.

I did an image-search for axolotl colors.  There are black, brown, green, yellow, pale pink/white ... but apparently the lighter colors are rare in wild specimens and more common for pets.  I chose light olive-green (with dark mottling) with reddish gills, similar colors to what Cailleach is wearing.  (But see below for how it would look as a lighter color.)
      I can imagine people getting this axolotl figure to use on its own, for dioramas, etc.

I changed her hair a bit to match Talin's concept art more closely (shown here in a photo from the ReaperCon program).

The stock miniature has wavy hair covering both ears.  I cut away the mass of hair on the right and sculpted a new ear and curls.  I also added some sharper curls on the left side.

If I hadn't done that conversion, the figure would have looked more like this:

A quick experiment to make the axolotl lighter-colored:

Enjoy,
      Derek
  • Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)