My monthly goal is to set up my paint station again and PAINT A THING.

Humble goals, I admit.

• Like 11

For the current month:

• Finish exchange mini - possible this weekend if I work on it.
  • The obligatory clean paint area.  This time around though its mostly put away paints I'm done with and get out what I need for the next project.
  • Speaking of which, pull mini from shelf of shame and get back to work on it.
  • Like 7

I don't have a current track on my board (not going into the basement again tonight), but I have actual proof that I am working on things.  These came out in late August, and this is where I am at with them right now.  Weapons are all magnetized, and interchangeable between models.   (The knights are partially assembled as well, and I have made all of the buildings from the set.)  Glad I got these to this point (lots of armor still missing, along with heads and some other details), because I have two smaller versions arriving tomorrow.

adeptus 1.jpg

• Like 6

On 9/6/2018 at 4:34 PM, Auberon said:

For the current month:

• Finish exchange mini - possible this weekend if I work on it.
  • The obligatory clean paint area.  This time around though its mostly put away paints I'm done with and get out what I need for the next project.
  • Speaking of which, pull mini from shelf of shame and get back to work on it.

And done... ish.  I tried out a bit of an experiment on the base.  Once it is set and there is no more color shift I'll probably have to touch it up a bit, but the mini itself is done.

• Like 7

Starting late, intend to paint up my bones cultists, and cultist looking figs... 18 total... same color scheme so should be doable. next month, bones lizardmen and pulp heroes

On 9/6/2018 at 3:35 PM, Cranky Dog said:

My monthly goal is to set up my paint station again and PAINT A THING.

Humble goals, I admit.

got to start somewhere. After reapercon last year I got sidetracked and didnt pick up a brush for 10 months... NOT THIS TIME!

Edited by nytflyr
  • Like 8

On 9/3/2018 at 10:24 PM, Warlady said:

Carryover from August - finish stripping and repainting the two ice dragon hatchlings.

Continuing goal - next team for the commission I'm working on.  Possibly Roller Derby girls or Goths.

Dragons - next up is an old Ral Partha wyvern that I started basing over the weekend.  I would also like to get back to the Citadel dragon I had problems with in July.  My friend Chaoswarlord pinned the broken horn on him for me today.  I am letting it dry overnight, and then will need to do some ApoxieSculp-ing to fill in the gap.Hopefully I will get him done by the end of September.

I did get the ice dragon hatchlings stripped.  They are waiting to be repainted.  But I finished the set of 7 Roller Derby girls and will deliver them tomorrow.  Now I can go on to the wyvern.

• Like 6

On 9/1/2018 at 4:46 PM, SparrowMarie said:

Progress updates:

• Need to finish Marth (sadly he did not make it to the competition but neither did I so that worked out?)
  • Frost Giant Queen needs to be started, I'd like to enter her in Reaper's Giant FB contest due on Halloween.
  • Beastman, this turned out to not be needed but it is needed next Sunday (9/9/18)
  • Ma'al is on the shelf for now.
  • Mini Ma'al also on the shelf.
  • Brand is still WIP.
  • Kassandra is on the shelf.
  • SoB wave 2 painting has been pushed to November since I think I can get it all done during Minivember. (Or other thing that I'm planning if it pans out before October 1st.)
  • Isabeau is on the shelf.
  • Shubby is also on the shelf.

So lots of shelved things from last month but I have rough timelines for when I need some things. Most of the larger shelved things will probably be there for a while along side my 3 fire giants I need to finish. 

NEW PROJECTS (Things I want to start that aren't listed above):

• October Advent Calendar, this is for next year but if I can get it done before October starts I'll do a new thing this year instead of Minivember.

For SEPTEMBER:

• Finish Marth
  • Start FrGQ
  • Finish Brand
  • Decide between Minivember or new thing this year.
  • Start Advent Calendar
  • Purchase an Angel of Shadows for Reaper's quarterly painting contest of FB.

-Finished Marth

-Finished Brand

-Started Advent Calendar

-Bought Angel of Shadows

Still planning out the FrGQ. Still working on calendar, have almost all of the materials for it. Still deciding between Minivember and All Minis Eve. That will most likely be determined by if I finish said calendar.

• Like 4

On 9/1/2018 at 12:09 AM, Generic Fighter said:

Hobby Goals go! Mine are below...

UPDATES!

Olde Stuff

--Next VPRG I'm starting is likely Dragon Quest 11.

--Gonna start Nativity Set soon.

--Can't find the $#@@ Monks.

--Spring Exchange Minis are also in que for soon.

--Thinking about getting Translated Repro Cart of Secret of Mana 2 or a Shin Megumi Tensei SNES Game for next of these.

New Stuff

--Starting a Catlady Mini for a friend

--deciding on BoGW Group Paint Mini options.

GF

Alrighty, my progress so far...

--about 30 or so hours into Dragon Quest 11.Very fun. Excellent story so far.

--planning to spend this weekend working on this and other projects.

--At parents house to search for those monks.

--Also part of Weekend plans.

--still haven't decided on this.

--did base coats on Catlady mini.

--BoGW mini chosen and Box Sent to first on the list!

GF

• Like 2

On 9/2/2018 at 8:15 AM, Rob Dean said:

Hero Forge samples (2)

Some 1/72 scale stands for my portable fantasy campaign; I have 6 left from my August business trip that don't evenly make a stand, so I have primed the rest of those stands.

A Burrows and Badgers figure or two?

Still time left; this may not turn out to be too bad a month after all.  I got the Hero Forge samples painted, have finished up two stands of 1/72 scale plastics plus a couple of single figures, and have finished two B&B figures so far, with a third one being based, so those were my goals. :huh: Huh.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2018 at 11:49 PM, Warlady said:

I did get the ice dragon hatchlings stripped.  They are waiting to be repainted.  But I finished the set of 7 Roller Derby girls and will deliver them tomorrow.  Now I can go on to the wyvern.

Sweet! Delivered the Roller Derby Girls last Friday.  Got the ice hatchlings finished the other night, and just finished the wyvern!  And there's still another week for another project!

• Like 1