5 minutes ago, pinkymadigan said:
56 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Some rocks I take for granite.

Gneiss one.

Hitting rock bottom now...

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Tuesday, September 11: What do you take for granted?

The corruption and dishonesty of all politicians after they have been in power for more than 12 months.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Getting home safe every day.

If you start to think about it, it is a miracle given all the elfholes on the road.

• Like 8

Being caucasion.

Electricity. Readily accessible clean water. Food (even though I hate it).

• Like 5

If I am honest about things, up until the past year, I was taking an income for granted much more than I thought I was. While it has not always been the same, I have been very fortunate, and had been pretty steadily employed in my chosen profession for a long time. (The riskier choices of the past year notwithstanding.)

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 7

14 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I generally try not to. Every once in a while, I'll catch myself and make an effort to reality slap myself and realize that there are a lot of people who would be very happy to be where I am.

• Like 9

On 9/10/2018 at 5:21 AM, redambrosia said:

Monday, September 10: 

If you were an Egyptian pharaoh, what would you have buried with you so you could have them in the afterlife? (Aside from minis!)

About a ton of cat treats, I've got a lot of kitteh waiting for me on the other side  =^-^=

15 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Living in Scotland, probably rain ::D:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

As I sat on the toilet, I pondered this question. Then it hit me... 

Toilets and plumbing and modern sanitation. There are so many underground tubes dedicated to taking our waste away and dealing with it. But we wipe and we flush and we go about our day. And yet this system keeps us clean, and is pretty damn remarkable as far as a societal norm. Cheers to the underappreciated folks keeping it running. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, redambrosia said:

The breadth of my own knowledge and experience.

No, really, after 11 years in the Girl Scouts I have forgotten more skills than most people learn all their life. On top of that I grew up surrounded by family members who encouraged and insisted on hobbies where we make stuff and I picked up a lot of skills that way. For instance, jewelry-making was my aunt's thing and yet I'm drawing up designs for a possible bracelet made out of 1st edition X-Wing focus tokens. 

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

This question come from @Crowley

Wednesday, September 12: What sort of supplies do you keep stocked for disaster situations?

Truck always has toilet paper. Should always have water but that has lapsed. And the truck is with my mom soo.....

Actually don't have a disaster stash. Newly moved in, trying not to make clutter or take up space. 

• Like 6