redambrosia

Getting to Know You: Sept 2018

Y’all shoudna oughtsta been meanies to Red :rock:

I will answer both versions...

On 9/3/2018 at 2:09 AM, redambrosia said:

Monday, September 3: What sorts of food make the best BBQ?

Beef. I think this question was meant to choose amongst the extant types of BBQ without regard to fussy little details like the style or sauce. (And Tofu! Is right out!) Somewhere on the Internet I’m sure there is a 1000 page thread <_< devoted to arguing the finer points of NC style v. TN, TX, etc. but this is not that.  SO: Beef, Briscuit, Sliced not chopped. 

On 9/3/2018 at 2:09 AM, redambrosia said:

Monday, September 3: If you were cooking the last BBQ you could ever have, what would you have?

I would ask the Chef [?] (the guy with the knife) to slice the Briscuit double thick. And I would try pullled pork and at least two kinds of the types of ribs. Cross them off the bucket list.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

See? That's what I find funny about the USA.

You just put the word breakfast in front of a dinner and presto....breakfast...::P:

Potatoes. Are god's perfect dirt fruit. You can have them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, midnight snacks. They don't make great deserts, but that's why god also gave us chocolate. 

Come, worship with me at the altar of the Potato. :eats nacho fries:

• Like 6
  • Haha 8

Wednesday, September 5: Tell us about a time something started out badly for you, but ended well.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Wednesday, September 5: Tell us about a time something started out badly for you, but ended well.

Hmmm, I tend to be more familiar with the other way around..

Maybe if I count my divorce ( I was 27) as a start of some kind.

It started out feeling bad and sad and all, and now I'm in a happy place again.

• Like 10

15 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

That said!  Do you bake the banana slices on the pizza or add them after taking the pizza out but before the cheese cools?

If you’re lucky enough to have one nearby, you call Hell Pizza and order the Unearthly (dessert) pizza, which bakes them on.   

185075CD-C88D-4784-99C3-B6EB769F2DBB.jpeg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Fatherhood. So far.

Couple of days in I was wondering why I ever thought that this was something that I could do. Then he didn't sleep properly for most of the following year.

But right now he's a really good kid.

54 minutes ago, Lostbug said:

If you’re lucky enough to have one nearby, you call Hell Pizza and order the Unearthly (dessert) pizza, which bakes them on.   

185075CD-C88D-4784-99C3-B6EB769F2DBB.jpeg

Hell pizza is great, especially their sides.

Mmm lamb shanks... 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Well, there was this guy I knew on Usenet who was in the Navy... he was supposed to call me when he got out and back to Tampa, but didn’t.

Eight months later I ran into him at a con. Five years later we got married. 

• Like 18

On 9/2/2018 at 1:10 PM, Stonebred said:

Sophie Says.jpg

LOL. That Sophie Says was a blast.  Mine is the green one with the pink helmet in front.  A good portion of it was painted with a tortilla chip while wearing a Viking opera helmet with blonde braids!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I'll go with... First time trying layering techniques.  Man, that started out terribly but turned out well for my first try ^_^

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, redambrosia said:

My  last job was a 2 year ordeal of misery with a boss from hell that ended in a corporate buy-out and me being laid off.  The experience I gained there led me to get my current job at which I have been working happily for the past 21 years.

• Like 17
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dai-Mongar said:

Fatherhood. So far.

Couple of days in I was wondering why I ever thought that this was something that I could do. Then he didn't sleep properly for most of the following year.

But right now he's a really good kid.

I'll borrow that. My son was born 10 weeks early, so things got a little bit ... fraught when my wife's labor started for the final time. Then 6 weeks in the NICU.

But after that, he's not had any issues and he's a great young man now.

• Like 13

23 hours ago, ttuckerman said:

The one people think is the weirdest is Peanut butter and sweet pickle sandwich. 

Crunchy PB or smooth?

• Like 5

Like TaleSpinner, it is job related. In the late 70's the store were I worked for 10 years closed and I was out of a job.  One of my former co-workers said the Hospital were he worked was hiring.  Interviewed but did not get the job.  A few weeks latter I got a call back.  My friend had got a new job and was leaving.  His job was open and I got it.  I retired from the Hospital 27 years latter. 

• Like 13

Yoga. I was in bad shape and a lot of pain and had this idea that yoga would be easy. Yeah it's easy like chess. You can learn the moves in an hour and it takes a lifetime to master it.  I discovered muscles I had never used, and after the 2nd session came down with "exertion flu" and had a fever for 3 days. 

I've been doing it for about 5 years now. It's still hard to get up in the morning and go, but I haven't been in better shape since my 20's, and I feel amazing after each class. 

• Like 14