nytflyr

So... who's ready for ReaperCon 2019?

I have high hopes that I will be prepared for ReaperCon 2019 well ahead of ReaperCon 2020.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

As I've said here & at the Con this year, I'll be missing 2019 due to the date but also a week later I'll be spending a week with my wife on our "It 2/coast" vacation. We saw It over in Bend at a theater we really liked & afterwards I joked we should see the sequel over here as well. Well that'll happen!

I'm not sure when I'll be back to the Con. It'll be hard not going next year since it's been part of my life since 2005. I do know with me having a weekly D&D game now, the GMing won't be as important to me but I will probably run We Be Goblins (whatever #) at least once during the Con. Also with the group being a D&D group, gaming at the Con opens up me opting to do other systems.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

Not sure if I'll be able to do full week next year (I kind of went overboard with vacation this year)...those of you who are only there Friday/Sat/Sun, do you take any classes? Or do you feel like you don't get enough time to be social and free? I really want to be more social this year.

• Like 3

I think that for three days you can certain,y take classes and be social. Just don’t take classes in every slot. Say a morning class and call that good. It’s all about what you want to get out of it.

• Like 4

I like to take 1-2 classes per day. That leaves me plenty of time for shopping (at the con or the factory) socializing, gaming, doing sophie says, getting food, or lounging by the pool with an adult refreshment. 

• Like 6

I won't know whether I can go this year until around March/April. Hopefully I will be able to come, but if I can't it will be due to happy reasons. :) 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

I won't know whether I can go this year until around March/April. Hopefully I will be able to come, but if I can't it will be due to happy reasons. :) 

Huzzah! 

My feelings are extremely conflicted on this answer.

Boo for maybe no Boot at ReaperCon.

Yay for happy reasons!

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Not sure if I'll be able to do full week next year (I kind of went overboard with vacation this year)...those of you who are only there Friday/Sat/Sun, do you take any classes? Or do you feel like you don't get enough time to be social and free? I really want to be more social this year.

We drove down on Thursday - got there after registration closed, so we just got dinner and crashed in our room. On Friday we took two classes and played in a game that night. Saturday one class, and Sunday was just painting and socializing. 

Friday was too packed, Saturday was just right, and Sunday was too light.   Next time I'll do one class a day, and 1-2 games. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah! 

Gasp!?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Gasp!?

:lol: Don't get too excited; this is the same "I can go unless this happens" reason that I've had to keep in mind every year I've attended.

Huzzah! 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Tripleh5133 said:

It's not a Reaper Con without a @OneBoot Sophie.

My son's only been to one ReaperCon, but I'm pretty sure this would be his feeling as well.  He was quite enthralled by OneBoot in her Sophie costume

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Tripleh5133 said:

It's not a Reaper Con without a @OneBoot Sophie.

I've been to 6 of the last 7 ReaperCons, so I'm not sure I'd go quite that far, but I'd be sad if @OneBoot wasn't there.

On the other hand, happy reasons are happy, and we could all look forward to her triumphant return in the future.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I am looking forward to next years con. Is it just me or did seem the metal trade box wasn't quite as full this year?

• Like 1

Depended on when you got to it, maybe? I found some odd treasures, digging through.

Mr. Thorne is talking as if we're going; which.. probably means we'll be there. We like the venue, and the people, and.. well, yah. Convention are fun, yes. ^^;

• Like 6