nytflyr

So... who's ready for ReaperCon 2019?

7 minutes ago, Corporea said:

Hey!  I'm super scary! Scary I tell you!  Rawr!!!

hee hee!

On skill level, I might agree. ^.~

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Corporea said:

Hey!  I'm super scary! Scary I tell you!  Rawr!!!

hee hee!

Actually, I can imagine you scary; one just needs the right (or wrong, as the case may be) topic.  (Remembering the look on your face when Woody purposefully brought up a certain political issue that will remain un-named here.)  ::P:

• Like 4

I am very much looking forward to going to the 2019 ReaperCon. I missed last year's and the year before that I was only able to attend one day. A couple of things in my life interfered with me being able to enjoy my favorite hobbies (model building/painting and gaming) but those things are a thing of the past. A few years ago I stayed at the hotel for four days straight and never stepped out of the building. This year I plan on doing the same except this time I will add the meet and greet to my list of things to do. 

• Like 2

I am still hoping to be able to attend, but chances are looking slimmer than the last pizza of pizza in a room full of teenagers.

• Sad 2

Booked! I'm hoping to attend Fri-Sun so I've booked a room accordingly, but I may have to change it if I can't get Friday off of work.

In fact, I'm trying to finagle a work trip to Dallas which would occupy me on the early mornings of Thursday and Friday, but the real reason is that it would allow me to attend ReaperCon for the rest of the time. Wish me luck!

• Like 3

Do the rooms typically book up quick or do I have a bit of time? A friend and I have been talking about going but we haven't really taken the chance to sit down and hash out details yet

• Like 1

You have a bit of time.  This is not SD ComicCon or DragonCon.  Some folk will rush to get rooms immediately, many will wait months until their plans are firmer.  But do not wait until right before the con, as the discount rate block will sell out eventually. 

Also, it's not the only hotel in the area. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fire_Eyes said:

Do the rooms typically book up quick or do I have a bit of time? A friend and I have been talking about going but we haven't really taken the chance to sit down and hash out details yet

For what it's worth:

• Last year, the link for reserving hotel rooms was posted on January 9.
  • I did not reserve my hotel room until April 2 (almost three months later).
  • The block of rooms reserved for ReaperCon at the Embassy Suites did not run out until the first week of June.
  • Last year, there was an "overflow" hotel as well (Fairfield Inn) but I don't know how long it was until that block filled up (or if it ever did).

I suspect you'll be fine as long as you have plans made by early May.  I recommend trying to make plans earlier, just in case.  (I'm not a person of authority in this so I can't guarantee this will be true.)

• Like 3