Jump to content

nytflyr

So... who's ready for ReaperCon 2019?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, emmagine said:

I don't think a kureg would be worth the upgrade.   The hotel provides  free food  & drink regularly, and who wants to be in your room drinking coffee when you could be having breakfast with one of the Sculptors / Painters or just your friends?  

Eh, works for some of our more introverted members.  But I don't drink coffee, so it's not a selling point for me.

 

I figure I'll reserve a room with two queens.  Awesome Wife and I sleep in a queen at home, so there is no difference, and that way, if she doesn't go, I've got a bed for a possible room mate.  Or I can just pile all of my RCon loot on it!

2 minutes ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

Its no biggie I know how things get and i'm truly sad to hear George won't be able to make it he took us under his wing and showed us the ropes our first time last year, he will definitely be missed. I am glad though to hear he's doing better and that you should still be able to make it. Congrats on the new convert lol! It's good to hear from you

I now remember reading it on my phone and and thinking "I have to reply to this when I get home".  And then the Stuff happened.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Eh, works for some of our more introverted members.  But I don't drink coffee, so it's not a selling point for me.

 

I figure I'll reserve a room with two queens.  Awesome Wife and I sleep in a queen at home, so there is no difference, and that way, if she doesn't go, I've got a bed for a possible room mate.  Or I can just pile all of my RCon loot on it!

Indeed.  But at that point,  won't you knock down a pot while you're having your introvert time?  Or at least half of one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the Kureig talk remined me about a hotel I stayed at once for work that had one in the room and the pods were provided.  I would take all the pods an toss them in a bag in my luggage.  Brought home over 50 pods from that 2 week job.  I don't drink coffee, but Awesome Wife drinks it like it is going out of style.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just booked my room, and I texted @chaosscorpion to make sure he starts saving up to attend this year!

 

Y'all need to help me keep him accountable for his miniature-related irresponsibility. 

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

All the Kureig talk remined me about a hotel I stayed at once for work that had one in the room and the pods were provided.  I would take all the pods an toss them in a bag in my luggage.  Brought home over 50 pods from that 2 week job.  I don't drink coffee, but Awesome Wife drinks it like it is going out of style.

 

No one in my family drinks coffee so even I was able to go & snag whatever it would go to waste. 

 

As far as rooms, Rastl & I had a fantastic room. We were on the 10th floor & it didn't suffer to much of the water pressure problems. I know it did a little bit but nothing to complain about. Bed was fantastic as well.

 

Other then I should have picked a lower floor & closer to the elevator. Not for me but for Rastl. I had no complaints. 

 

I recall the first year Reaper used Hilton as the hotel of the Con & I hated the hotel with a passion. Almost, to a point of invoking their not satisfied policy. The bed felt like you were in a canoe but with the padding on the sides vs on your back. The Con was split between hotel & factory & it was terrible. I had a game scheduled at the hotel but no one showed up. Thou that was a plus as I got to try out Super Dungeon Explore for the first time. It just made coordinating things hard. This wasn't the HGI Reaper had been using but one in Denton. The hotel lasted 1 year.  It was also the last year of the factory being used besides the year it was used for the Meat n Greet event on Wednesday. & Boneyard shopping. 

 

Man, even with LVO vacation coming up I'm missing not going to Rcon already this year. I'm still planning 2020 as my return but who knows with the new big boss now. He was kinda grumpy when I asked for this one off..... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't have any complaints with my room at all either.  I think I was on the eighth floor.

 

I've reserved a hotel room for Wed. - Mon.  I have some funds already set aside for the airplane ticket and the hotel room.  Unless something really stupid happens, I'll be there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, were we on six?  What floor was the top?  We were on that one.  I can't remember anymore.  I can't remember anything.  Who are you people anyway, and what are you doing here?  

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Wait, were we on six?  What floor was the top?  We were on that one.  I can't remember anymore.  I can't remember anything.  Who are you people anyway, and what are you doing here?  

 

Someone check the heaters. Looks like the exhaust is going through the venting ducts again. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Wait, were we on six?  What floor was the top?  We were on that one.  I can't remember anymore.  I can't remember anything.  Who are you people anyway, and what are you doing here?  

 

We were not on 6, I believe we were on the 11th floor. I was trying not to attract attention to your failing mind, lest anyone blame me for it.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

 

We were not on 6, I believe we were on the 11th floor. I was trying not to attract attention to your failing mind, lest anyone blame me for it.

 

I am eternally reliant on the kindness of strangers.  What's your name again?  Jim?  It's Jim, isn't it?  Or maybe Jimmy.  Anyway, I'll never forget you giving me this skateboard, Jimmy.  It's the best pair of socks ever.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well be there Wed-Sun as well, as I'm assuming there's still the Meat and Greet wednesday. Either way, it's a 6 hour drive up, and I'd rather be fresh to start the next day. ::D:

I'm excited to try this place out! my favorite year was when the con was at the hotel, so this is promising! 

I'm doubly excited cause the Great Bearded One wants to take a sculpting class! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be my first year, and when I made the reservation I thought what the heck go large or go home, so I opted for the upgrade request. Now I am wondering if I should email them and ask if they can remove my upgrade request. The normal room is bound to be pretty good anyway

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rawlkeer said:

This will be my first year, and when I made the reservation I thought what the heck go large or go home, so I opted for the upgrade request. Now I am wondering if I should email them and ask if they can remove my upgrade request. The normal room is bound to be pretty good anyway

 

YMMV; we took the upgrade request last year, and ended up in a very nice corner suite (ninth floor, so mostly we had a view of the construction zone and a little solar farm), but still. We did okay with it.

We did have a two-cup Keurig, but mostly, we made tea with it. Pods? We don't need no steeenkin' pods... 

 

Did not fit our travel mugs, though; we had to improvise. >.> 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×