nytflyr

So... who's ready for ReaperCon 2019?

12 hours ago, Marineal said:
On 2/4/2019 at 8:29 AM, buglips*the*goblin said:

It can be doubly confusing if somebody is going by their real name.  I don't prohibit people from using my real name, I just prefer to go by Buglips because it's easier to remember since there's only one.  Helps if somebody is calling out to me, too.

I think one year most of us had written both names, just in case. Lol. 

That's another thing that I think complicates it... You have to remember not one, but 2 names for everyone! 

I'll answer to pretty much everything, ER desensitizes you to namecalling. ::D:

I will answer to either. I will totally answer to 'Thorne' IRL. >.>

... there's a thing at Blizzcon where people have badge tags with their WoW character on them. I give it a year or so before something like that catches at Reapercon. <.<

• Like 3

For the longest time, ReaperCon badges did have your forum name in bigger letters vs your actual name. Whenever I make name tags for people who request them, I'll put the forum handle over the real name. Like some, I'll answer to both names.

• Like 4

Yeah, funny enough it takes a couple of days to get used to answering to my real name once I get home, but almost no time at all to start answering to my forum handle after I arrive. 

If things go well this year I will not be at ReaperCon. I am looking into buying a house and if that happens I will not have the extra funds. Things may change if that turns out either poorly or really, really well. So wish me luck and know that I will miss each and every one of you. 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Keianna said:

Yeah, funny enough it takes a couple of days to get used to answering to my real name once I get home, but almost no time at all to start answering to my forum handle after I arrive. 

If things go well this year I will not be at ReaperCon. I am looking into buying a house and if that happens I will not have the extra funds. Things may change if that turns out either poorly or really, really well. So wish me luck and know that I will miss each and every one of you. 

Aw, you'll be missed! But I'll keep my fingers crossed that things go either well or really, really well!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Keianna said:

Yeah, funny enough it takes a couple of days to get used to answering to my real name once I get home, but almost no time at all to start answering to my forum handle after I arrive

I actually thought Keianna was your real name.  

• Like 7

Fyi, March 1 marks the 6 month countdown to Reapercon 2019.   Counting actual calendar days... 

• Like 1

Stayed in the overnight hotel (suite, I forgot ha ha) & now I'm at the airport for a 2 1/2 hr wait (no worries) but now knowing I'm not getting on a plane & going to DFW (or in the case Love) & going to Vegas is starting to set in.

I know I'll fun at LVO/Vegas itself but still. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Clearman said:

Fyi, March 1 marks the 6 month countdown to Reapercon 2019.   Counting actual calendar days... 

Gah! Too much pressure!

*twitch, twitch*

• Like 5

11 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I actually thought Keianna was your real name.  

Nope, though I rather like it. I've never had a nickname that stuck for more than a day or so and most of those were not flattering. 

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

Gah! Too much pressure!

*twitch, twitch*

Aww, I have little reason to hurry now. I has a sad ::(:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Keianna said:

Aww, I have little reason to hurry now. I has a sad ::(:

Unless you get the house, then find to your amazement/luck that the funds do become available, and then you've got only weeks rather than months!

Pressure pressure pressure!

• Like 3

Got my flights booked! Flying from Ontario to DFW this year which means no dealing with LAX (Yeah!) but it also means no travel companions (boo!). 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SGHawkins09 said:

Got my flights booked! Flying from Ontario to DFW this year which means no dealing with LAX (Yeah!) but it also means no travel companions (boo!). 

I'm flying in to DFW too... decided nonstop is worth it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dragoneye said:

Yeah, nonstop is a priority for me which is why I have flown out of LAX the last few cons. It tends to be a lot cheaper than Ontario which is annoying as I live closer to Ontario. This time though it was not that big of a difference so I went for the convenience of the closer, smaller airport.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Dragoneye said:

After years of having a 1 stop, I totally agree. Thou the only nonstop out of Boise is at 6am. Granted it beats having to hang around the airport all morning + it does get me into DFW around noon. So overall, it's good for me.

After flying SW I may reconsider my flight thou. It would mean Love field & such but allot of attendees use that airport as well. 

• Like 2