7 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

I'm totally okay with trading with a stripey kangaroo :poke: Even if they look more like a dragon in their profile pic.....

I don't really know much about American candies, so I'm up for trying anything :D Well, maybe apart from alcohol flavoured stuff.

Is there anything that you're interested in? I've heard that our chocolate is wildly different from yours, also there's an olde style sweet shop in my area that I can get some good Scottish stuff like toffees, hard boiled sweets and sherbet. 

This should be educational- I was reading last years thread and was quite surprised that jelly babies didn't  make it across the Atlantic :blink: 

I am currently running from here to there in the US for the next two weeks.  I will be collecting some regional goodies while I am wandering.  

One question:  one of my favorite candies are the little ball cordials.  Some of the flavors are alcoholic but others are Cherry, blackberry, crème Brulee and other flavors.  Are these okay, or should I not include them in the package?  I would save them as a surprise but I want to make sure you can enjoy the package!

• Like 3

I'd be willing to trade with someone else... especially if they have access to Violet crumble. My hubby has longed for those since he had them as a kid. ^_^ 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I am currently running from here to there in the US for the next two weeks.  I will be collecting some regional goodies while I am wandering.  

One question:  one of my favorite candies are the little ball cordials.  Some of the flavors are alcoholic but others are Cherry, blackberry, crème Brulee and other flavors.  Are these okay, or should I not include them in the package?  I would save them as a surprise but I want to make sure you can enjoy the package!

Probably best not to include them, I have weird tastebuds that register anything with alcohol/alchohol flavour as just an cloying, overpowering ethanol taste :down: But thank you for the offer though. 

10 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I'd be willing to trade with someone else... especially if they have access to Violet crumble. My hubby has longed for those since he had them as a kid. ^_^ 

I have no idea what Violet Crumble is, but if you can't find anyone that can get you some, I'm happy to trade ^_^

• Like 3

13 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I will go shopping and create a box for you.

As for the Violet Crumble.

I have PM ed you, it is available in the USA from a webstore!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For really weird candy Canada has a number of them, never ignore them!  Latest discovery there was Tire Foam. On a stack of bibles I swear, this stuff looks like it was sliced from the inside of an ancient piece of furniture foam!  The flavor is a very heavily cooked carmel and it is extremely brittle and sticky.  Very high on the weird-o-meter!

I will. Say a lot of the fun of a Twinkie is having one around to poke and test if it's stale yet.  In my college days we had one dating from 1962 hanging in the organics lab and it was still soft an plyable, untouched by mold or insects.  If the holocaust happens the last remenents of humanity will have Twinkies to remember us by when all else has rotted away.

I'm in the process of collecting regional goodies as I travel.  I would be willing to also do a second sampler box to the European mainland or aussies (I know they don't tend to think about it because of the cost but it's not that bad and I would be willing to exchange there)

Besides, having discovered a regional treat I need to share it but my current partner may not be interested (have to check ingredients)  any of you norwesters ever have an Idaho spud?

I so tend to be pretty eclectic in my candy tastes so I'm pretty sure I can provide an interesting box of us goodies (but no necco wafers unless requested, I promise...)

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

I’m up for some more tradeage, preferably with a colonial, inclusive of Canadians this time - as @Darsc Zacal persuaded me of the goodness of Kannuck sweets.

if we could get it done quickly I’d love to do a Halloween themed box.

Anyone willing to pair-up?

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Beagle said:

I’m up for some more tradeage, preferably with a colonial, inclusive of Canadians this time - as @Darsc Zacal persuaded me of the goodness of Kannuck sweets.

if we could get it done quickly I’d love to do a Halloween themed box.

Anyone willing to pair-up?

I’d be willing to do a candy trade with you Beagle.

Haven’t read through this thread yet to know what the details are.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I’d be willing to do a candy trade with you Beagle.

Haven’t read through this thread yet to know what the details are.

OK Darscy, consider yourself signed up.

Can do two boxes if you want @redambrosia

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can do another box if anyone else wants one, I'm going to go crazy when I get to the Sweetie Shop anyway ::o:

Since this is my first rodeo, so to speak, I do have some questions about the exchange-

How big should the box be?

Do we have a price range?

Do we just write "gift" on the box to avoid import fees?

Is an Idaho Spud like a Lucky Tattie?

• Like 2

I have now teamed up with two counterparts.

@redambrosiaand @LittleBluberry

Littlebluberry will also team up with @SisterMaryNapalmlater.

This is going to be fun!

14 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

I can do another box if anyone else wants one, I'm going to go crazy when I get to the Sweetie Shop anyway ::o:

Since this is my first rodeo, so to speak, I do have some questions about the exchange-

As for the "gift " thing.

I figure it will be the same in UK/USA. If I send something outside the EU, I need to fill out a form stating it is a gift and the value.

By keeping it under a certain amount ( to the Netherlands that is 22 euro) and call it a gift, we won't pay taxes.

You need to ask your counterpart what the limit is for that country.

As for box size prices, I will send a medium sized box mostly. Take a look at the earlier thread ( link included in my first post here) what people sent each other and you may have an idea how this goes.

Of course if someone wants to go lower/higher talk to your counterpart.

I want everybody to have fun and be happy with the spoils.

I have no idea what an Idaho Spud is..

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

An Idaho spud is a chocolate and coconut coated mellow like cream (no gelatin,I checked) center in the shape and color of a small russet potato. They are made by a candy company in Boise that's been in business since the 1800s and definitely fall into regional deliciousness.  We have a plant out there and I'll be visiting next week so I will pick some up while I'm out there.

I also plan to grab some old fashion taffys which have been around since the 1800s and see if the local candy shop is doing the smaller bags of hard candy fishes (16 flavors) 

Most of my planned shipment will be stuff that is just not produced at national levels much less for export...  Good chocolate is great but a licorice peppermint hard candy fish in white blue and yellow plaid is a tough one to match ::D:

And while I think about it, what's the m&m situation in the UK and Europe?  Have the caramel and raspberry ones mad it over there yet?

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 4

On 9/12/2018 at 6:40 AM, Kuroneko said:

I'm interested and I have the same questions.  Plus:

How long do we have to send the box after we are paired up?

Is there a limit,  high or low, on the number of items in the box?

IOW, what are the ground rules?

Edited by Highlander
  • Like 3